Multi-purpose scrapers are floor scrapers with a razor edge. This scraper is designed for scraping adhesive residue, vinyl and tile, excess paint and wallpaper from different surfaces. They come in a wide variety of models.
Surface Scraper Types
Multi-purpose surface scrapers can only either be handheld or power operated.
1.) Handheld Scrapers
They are ideal for scraping small surfaces. This is the ideal option for you if you would like to scrape a small surface. It is important, however, to buy the best tool that is sure to give you the best results. Ensure you buy:
- One with a non-slip grip
- One with a razor-edge for precise scraping
- One that allows for replacing of any worn out blade
- It should be durable to avoid easy breaking
2.) Electric Multi-Purpose Scrapers
These become handy when redoing large floor surfaces. An electric scraper makes any big scraping job easier. A hand scraper can be tiring and demanding in relation to labor. You will need to hire an extensive workforce to scrape a large portion of floor with hand scrapers. This is why the electric option is ideal for you if you have a large area to cover.
- Electric multi-purpose scrapers use adjustable blades while at work. This means whatever surface you would like to use it on you have the freedom to adjust it.
- It has a drive shaft that is electricity powered, and it pushes the blades effectively into the surface you are using it on.
- They come in a number of varieties according to the purpose you want them for. Large jobs like redoing extensive floors require larger electric multi-purpose scrapers. Large ones come with seats on top so that the user can maneuver it to the location they desire. If the floor is smaller, there are smaller ones that are not sit-ons. These are called walk-behind scrapers.
When choosing an electric scraper, it is important you consider the type of work at hand. Voltage matters too, since you should choose an economical machine when it comes to consumption of power. Electric machines are advantageous in that they are quieter and have several blade options for adjusting according to work in hand.
3.) Other Types
Propane Multi-Purpose Scrapers
They are scrapers that are powered by fuel. They are also effective depending on the work you do. Unlike electric scrapers, you do not have to worry about being inconvenienced by electric cords. With these, you simply need to get fuel from the nearest fuel station. However, they are a bit noisy compared to electric ones.
They run on battery. All you need is charge them and get to work. They are the best because they are efficient in terms of noise curbing. They do not have long inconveniencing cords, too. In addition, they come with extra batteries to ensure you do not have to stop your work to charge them.
There are several benefits that come with multi-purpose scrapers. Since they use a blade, they scrape any debris or whatever you want to scrape effectively. They are easier to use, especially electric, fuel, and battery models. In addition, you accomplish the task at a go without the need to revisit any scraped surface. You do not use too much energy, too.