A bra refers to an undergarment for women used that gives support to the breasts. One type of bra is the strapless bra. This has no straps at all and can be worn under tube tops or dresses. Traditionally, bras were made specifically and purely for their functionality, but today, aesthetics are also being considered greatly. Apart from being very handy and useful, the strapless bra has some downfalls. It is a dangerous option to go for especially for women with large breasts for the following reasons:
- Strapless bras are not the firmest option out there. These bras easily lose their grip.
- They are not the most comfortable bras. This is because they sag a lot, requiring one to keep pulling them up.
To minimize the dangers of strapless bras, one could always use the halter removable straps or transparent straps, which are hardly noticeable.
Selection and Shopping Tips
The best strapless bra should have the following qualities:
- Firm – A strapless bra that is not firm could lead to embarrassments and accidents in public that no one wishes to happen.
- Comfortable – A comfortable strapless bra goes a great way in boosting its wearer’s confidence and self-esteem.
- Beauty – Cute and attractive bras are the in thing in the fashion world today. They are quite important especially to the young girls.
When purchasing a strapless bra, the following factors have to be considered:
- Comfort – This is vital in all bras. To function well and carry day to day tasks, a comfortable bra is what you need.
- Cost – Go for bras you can afford but never compromise the quality of the bras.
- Size – The bra should be well fitting. Bra sizes cater all body shape and sizes. Plus size strapless bras were created for plus size women.
When purchasing a strapless bra, be aware that there are also variations for these bras. There are strapless bras that are convertible in the sense that they have removable straps that one can fix and remove depending on preference. There are also strapless push up bra that comes in handy when wearing strapless tops and dresses. It can’t be seen outside the dress and at the same time pushes up the breasts of its wearer making them look rounder, bigger and more attractive. Speaking of push up bras, the bustier bra is also another option. Purchasing and learning how to wear strapless bra properly will make you function well and be more secured and confident no matter what clothes you wear.