Fish oil is highly beneficial and this statement has been proved through numerous studies and researches. The health benefits of fish oil are numerous which helps your body in a number of crucial ways. Fish oil is essentially extracted from deep ocean fishes and it consists of two different omega 3 fatty acids; DHA and EPA. DHA is present in more amounts in comparison to EPA.
The reason why this is more beneficial than other sources of essential oils or omega 3 fatty acids is that other oils such as flax seed oil don’t have DHA and EPA in their natural form. When you take flax seed oil and other oils extracted from plant sources, your body will need to convert the essential oils into the required sources. This is problematic for elderly people and people with weaker immune system. Fish oil on the other hand contains EPA and DHA and there is no requirement of any conversion. Thus, it can be assimilated very easily by one and all.
Health Benefits Of Fish Oil
Listed below are some of the main health benefits of fish oil:
- It regulates the triglyceride level in the blood. This is beneficial because high levels of triglycerides can result in cardiovascular disease.
- It also regulates high blood pressure when it is a resultant of high cholesterol level in the blood as well as because of the hardening of arteries.
- It is very beneficial for people suffering from psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout because it reduces the severe inflammation that is a consequence of these health issues.
- Fish oil also helps maintain good health of the entire nervous system thereby reducing the risks of nervous disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Depression is becoming very common among young adults and teenagers today. Low amounts of DHA in the body have shown links to the incidence of depression. Hence taking fish oil can also lower the risk of depression and anxiety.
- Fish oil improves the overall immunity in spectacular ways. Cancer is a major threat today and recent studies have revealed that fish oil consumption reduces the risk of deadly cancers like prostate cancer and breast cancer.
- Fish oil also helps those suffering with Type II diabetes in many ways.
- It has also been known to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
While the health benefits of fish oil are never ending, one must know that over consumption of fish oil and fish oil taken from the wrong sources can be dangerous. You should be careful about contaminants such as mercury and other heavy metals. Also, inferior supplements of fish oil could cause additional problems. Hence you must stick to well known, reputable brands like Spring Valley fish oil to enjoy the many health benefits of fish oil.