Wondering how to refill a butane lighter? Refilling a with butane lighter refill can be so you don’t need to throw away your lighter when it runs out of fuel. Whether you’re a smoker or not, having a lighter with you can be really handy. Some would even have personalized lighters with engraving and specialized designs as gifted by a friend. Hence, you would probably still want it around and keep using it. Simply refill the lighter every time it runs out of butane.
How to Refill Butane Lighter
Butane refill is made easier today with the new generation designs of the canisters with nozzle. The way to refill butane lighter is made with these easy steps:
- Allow sometime to keep it cool before refilling. Butane is highly flammable, securing the flint and spark wheel is the important first step. You can do that by removing the top cap that has the spark wheel. To some lighters, both are inseparable so just ensure you won’t accidentally ignite the lighter during the refill process.
- Check the flame gauge on your lighter. Crank it down wherein flame produced is minimized.
- Use a small screwdriver to adjust the gas valve. Typically, it is done on clockwise direction. Some models of lighter has a tiny wheel so you do not need to use screw drivers.
- Check your surroundings. Do not refill in an area where there are a lot of easily combustible materials. As always, safety first rule must apply. Prepare a fire extinguisher or a bucket full or water nearby just in case something goes bad.
- Position the lighter away from your face. Your clothing can also be in a dangerous position to caught accidental fire. Hold the lighter with your arms slightly stretched.
- Push the screwdriver to the gas valve. This will make the air in the lighter to come out. The gas can cause damage to your lighter because it can pose a vacuuming effect. This will prevent butane fuel to get into the lighter. Notice this especially if you are using refill butane torch lighter.
- Place the nozzle of the butane refill canister to the gas valve. You may allow 5 seconds to lapse to fill the tube. If the lighter tank is not yet full, you may do so again but make your refilling time shorter to 3 minutes and so on.
- Do not use the lighter immediately. Set it aside for 3 to 4 minutes just to make sure that the fuel reached room temperature. Test the lighter after the time has lapsed. You can now adjust the flame by moving the adjuster.
Lighter has become a part of the modern living. For whatever purposes you are using it, refilling it properly is important to make it useful. Running out of fuel makes it such a waste especially if the design is so handsomely made. Using butane lighter refill will always give new life to your favorite lighter.