Aluminum is probably the most exploited of all metals. It has so many applications that coming up with a list is almost impossible. Aluminum finds uses in almost every field right from the industry to the household. It has many uses and the main reason why it is so widely used is that it is available in plenty and is economical. Here are some of the most common uses of aluminum today.
The Numerous Uses Of Aluminum
- This metal finds applications in packaging food items. It is used in making foils and cans along with drink cans and foil containers. It is used widely in the food industry because aluminum infused packaging is more resistant to contamination and promotes longer shelf life. This property comes very handy while packaging and transporting food items. This is thus one of the most common uses of aluminum.
- The compound made from aluminum, aluminum borohydride is one of the major ingredients in jet fuel. Thermite is also an aluminum compound which is used in exothermic welding.
- In the house, you will see numerous items made from this metal such as utensils, cutlery, watches, baseball bats and other items. They are all very useful items and are made from this metal. Pots and various pans are also made from aluminum mainly because this metal is non-toxic and does not cause any harm.
- Wiring is usually made from a combination of copper and aluminum and sometimes only aluminum.
- Parts of automobiles like bicycles, boats, trains, trucks, cars and even airplanes are objects make uses of aluminum compounds of all sorts.
- Aluminum is used in electronics because it can absorb heat energy very well. It prevents overheating by absorbing heat.
- Aluminum alloys are mainly used in making currency coins in many different countries.
- Super pure Aluminum is used to make CDs and different electronic equipment.
- Sailing ship masts and street lights are also made from this metal.
- Aluminum Borate is a compound that finds uses in manufacturing ceramics and glass.
- Since Aluminum is very flexible and has amazingly high tensile strength, it is used in transportation. Sheet aluminum is used in the construction of truck trailers, etc.
- There are many different compounds of Aluminum that are used for water purification, paper and paint, manufacturing, antacid tablets, and more.
- Aluminum is waterproof and is thus used in industries to keep liquid away from some equipment. The fact that it reflects light and heat and is semi-conductive also makes it one of the most important metals used in industries.
These are only a few of the many uses of aluminum. As aforementioned, one can list out uses of aluminum in almost every field.