Dry scalp is a common problem today and it is caused due to a number of reasons including stress, bad weather, chemicals, and heredity. It is best to treat your dry scalp with home remedies such as oil treatments so as to not aggravate the condition further and to be safe from all chemicals. There are a number of natural oils, which may be used to treat this condition. Coconut oil, avocado oil, olive oil, are just some of the many oils available. Each oil for dry scalp has its own benefits. It’d be ideal to find out the benefits and downsides if any of all these oils before choosing to apply. Another thing to keep in mind is the application process. Here is some information about the five oils to treat dry scalp.
Five Oils to Treat Dry Scalp
- Olive Oil for Dry Scalp: Olive oil works to nourish your scalp and restore the lacking oils or sebum. It also works to strengthen the roots of your hair so that your hair grows longer and is stronger with no risks of breakage and hair fall. Olive oil is among the best oils, which you can use to treat dry scalp because it moisturizes. Its application is also very simple. All you need to do is apply some on the scalp at night and wash it off next morning. Your hair will be nourished and moisturized well. The only downside with this oil for dry scalp is that it is heavy and is better used as a shampoo ingredient to treat dry hair.
- Avocado Oil for Dry Scalp: Contrary to olive oil, avocado oil is very light. It absorbs easily into the scalp and moisturizes it well. Avocado oil is packed with a number of nutrients, which are great for dry scalp such as vitamin E, A, and D. It also has minerals such as iron and copper. The application process of avocado oil is a little different. You should heat it slightly before applying. Apply gently and massage it into your hair. Leave it on for not more than ten minutes.
- Coconut Oil for Dry Scalp: This oil for dry scalp is more commonly used because it is very easily available. It has a number of medicinal values and acts as a conditioner for hair. It treats dry scalp effectively and should be applied after washing your hair. Coconut oil works best when you apply it on damp hair and scalp. Rub the oil gently and leave it on.
- Tea Tree Oil Dry Scalp: This oil has a number of benefits and is used in a number of ways. One of its biggest uses is dandruff control. Dry scalp is also caused by dandruff and thus, tea tree oil is effective in taking care of it. You should remember to dilute the oil before application because concentrated oil can be harmful.
- Lavender Oil for Dry Scalp: This oil takes care of both dry scalp and itchy dandruff. You can apply it topically onto your hair. Around three drops are enough. All you need to do is rub them into the affected parts and leave it for as long as you want before washing. Lavender oil is safe and can thus be applied frequently.
Using a shampoo for dry scalp is also an ideal choice. Be sure that the shampoo you select is natural and has one of the aforementioned oils as one of its ingredients.