To keep the kids feeling cozy and warm during cold winter and rainy season, a parent should be wiser when it comes to choosing coats for kids. Your kids are expected to have a say in what coat they would be wearing, but your job is to make that they are picking the best choice.
Below is a compilation of useful tips and advices on choosing coats for kids that every parent should know; from winter jackets for school to coats for play time – we got them all covered.
Layering Your Kid’s Clothes
It is winter and it only means one thing – it is also time for skiing and burying ourselves under the snow! Whether your kids are skiing, snowboarding, or would just simply play outdoors, it is very important to keep them as warm and comfortable as possible. It is not the time to be wearing lab coats for kids, what they need now are warm and soft coats for kids!
Just remember that choosing uncomfortable and too bulky winter coats for kids will take away the enjoyment and will only make them irritated.
Layering Tips During Rainy Days
- Cotton-soft and light undershirt
- Leg warmers
- Socks (100% cotton) and an extra pair it gets wet
- Thermal jacket
- Shorter jacket or a lengthy coats for kids with waterproof exterior
TIP: Using clothes that are made out of cotton provide proper body heat circulation and nice ventilation. It is also advisable for parents to have rain coats for kids ready as a preparation for this season so that when the time comes, all clothes underneath your child’s body will stay dry.
Layering Tips During Snowfall
- Thermal Shirt
- Top quality snow pants for kids
- Socks made from wool material
- Thermal Jacket
- Winter Jacket with fleece lining
TIP: When the snow starts to fall, it is best to choose thick wool and cotton material with regards to clothing or coats for kids. The cotton, as stated above, keeps proper ventilation in our body while wool, on the other hand, helps keep the kids warm in the feet area – which is more likely to experience the chills.
PICKING THE RIGHT TYPE OF COAT FOR YOUR KIDS
There are different types of coats for kids that you can choose from. And with such wide variety of choices, it could be overwhelming to pick the right one for your kid. Below are some coat suggestions depending on the weather and the top features you should look for in each type.
Rain Coats for Kids
- Coats for kids be made out of a light material with the capability to protect the neck, ears, and the body overall from getting wet and freezing in the cold air during rainy days.
- Rain coats should have drawstring hoods with visors so that the eyes, hair, ears, and neck are protected from rain drops as well.
- If you want the coat to have pockets, pick the ones that are covered so that the pocket will not collect all the water that drips to it.
Snow Wear for Kids
- The jacket should be waterproof, so that it will stay dry even if the snow melts into it.
- Just like coats for kids, it should also have soft inner lining and a pocket for keeping things like wallet or cellphone.
- The hood is better if it has visors to protect the eyes from snow and bright sun light.
- To keep the chill and snow out, you should choose jacket or coats for kids with closure cuffs.
- Zipper closures and drawcord waist are also important features to keep the snow away from your kid’s body’s confidence.