Buying a Kindle is quite an investment. You need to protect the device at all costs, and this is why you have to familiarize yourself with some important tips in cleaning, maintaining, and protecting the Amazon Kindle. To ensure you take maximum care of your device, you need to know a thing or two in relation to:
- Exposure to wet surfaces
- Screen protection
- Changing the battery
- Exposure to high/ very low temperatures among other things
To elaborate on them, read on below:
Some Tips on How to Care for your Amazon Kindle
1) Read instructions
- Read all instructions carefully before putting your new Amazon Kindle into use.
- Familiarizing yourself with all the buttons and how they are used is crucial.
- Familiarize yourself with how you can access the different features, including how and when to change the battery.
- If you frequently use wireless, you need to recharge your gadget every other day.
- If you are not always online, recharge it once a week to ensure the battery life is preserved.
- Do not recharge it anyhow simply because the Amazon Kindle comes with a long life battery.
- Do not in anyway expose your Kindle or any of its accessories to any wet surfaces. Protect them from any liquid spills whether from rain or drinks.
- In-case the device gets wet, turn the power off immediately and wait for it to dry completely before turning it back on.
- In-case it gets faulty after coming into contact with wet surfaces, contact an authorized Amazon.com personnel for guidance.
- Do not involve third party technicians to repair or service your device, because this might void the warranty of your Amazon e-book reader.
- Avoid touching your device screen as much as possible. The tips of your fingers can easily cause smudges on the screen.
- To clean it, use a soft and unstained cloth to wipe with. Ensure you do the wiping gently.
- In the event of dropping some liquid or other foods on the screen or any other part of the gadget, wipe it carefully with a moistened soft towel.
- Abrasive cleaners, like harsh chemicals, should not be used because you just succeed in ruining your device in the long run.
- Exposing your e-book reader to high temperatures is disastrous. The same applies to extremely low temperatures.
- Do not leave it inside your car or house in exceedingly unfavorable temperature conditions, whether high or low.
2) Recharging the device
3) Keep away from wet surfaces
4) Protecting the Screen
5) Do not expose your Kindle to extreme temperatures
6) Putting on a Book cover
If you put a book cover on the gadget, you will have protected your Amazon e-book reader from scratches especially when carrying it in a briefcase. It will also be safe from any damage incase of an accidental bang to your briefcase.
- It is important you purchase a solid and also durable pouch, cover or small bag, to prevent it from damage inside your luggage.
- There are quality and durable protectors available even online and that are sure to give you the protection you need.
- Stylish covers, such as the Kate Spade Kindle cover are also available to add a bit of glam to your drab gadget.
- You should be careful not to misplace your e-book reader to avoid it getting stolen.
- Never leave it behind, even temporarily in any public place where they might be plenty of people.
- In-case it gets stolen, ensure you immediately inform the Amazon Company by calling their Customer service. This ensures that they instantly block any new or additional account activity.