Sisters can be your best friend, and a trusted confidant. Older sisters may have lead the way for you as a child, taken you under their wing and protected you. Younger sisters may have brought you tons of laughter and smiles, fun and mischief. Memorable gifts for sisters need to reflect the love, memories and sense of closeness in your unique relationship. You are each other’s connection to the past.
If you have a sister with an upcoming birthday, or an important celebration for her is on the cards, you will want to get her something special that she will be delighted with; a gift that really comes from the heart.
Birthday Gifts For Sisters – Tips and Ideas
If you are having trouble deciding on your gifts for sisters birthday, consider some of these suggestions:
- Handmade – make or buy handmade gifts for sisters. A gift that you have made yourself shows that you have undergone a labor of love; customizing a present for your beloved sister. This is one of the most personalized gifts you can give. A lovely handmade item that you purchase, similarly, has a loving, homemade quality that translates some of those same sentiments. Handmade gifts for sisters could include artwork, ceramics, sewn clothing, knitted items, bags and jewelry.
- A gift based on your sister’s hobbies and interests – is she a keen crafter? How about some crafting supplies? Is she a green-thumbed gardener? You could purchase some wonderful plants or gardening equipment and so on.
- Memory-based – a scrapbook of memories and family tree information, put together by you, or a DVD of family pictures on a slideshow, with a significant song as the soundtrack. There are also many customizable photo-gift products available now online, such as mugs, mouse pads, shirts, key rings, canvas art, pillowcases and more.
Tips and Ideas On Christmas Gifts For Sisters
Christmas is a busy time for everyone, especially for women. Often doing most of the cooking, cleaning, present buying and entertaining, women can get very stressed and tired at this time of year. Thoughtful gifts for sisters at Christmas could be a practical, yet relaxing one:
- A Christmas food hamper, with homemade (or homemade-style) sauces and condiments, turkey, cheese and crackers. Perhaps also a bottle of your sister’s favorite beverage.
- Hiring a cleaner, nanny, cook or gardener could be a rare treat for your sister, and a chance to put her feet up for once!
- A voucher to a hair salon, nail parlor, masseuse or day spa could be just the ticket. Your sister may not always allow herself such extravagances, and would sure appreciate a little time-out for some pampering.
- An e-reader, so she can slip in some reading time occasionally over the holidays.
- A subscription to her favorite magazine, newspaper or journal (whether it be hard-copy, or a digital subscription for tablets).
- Audio books – the perfect solution for long commutes in the car, or for cooking and cleaning to in the house.
- A blank journal, for expressing herself, recording precious moments, and for making art.
Giving gifts for sisters are not limited to the tips and ideas mentioned above, there are numerous things or services you can give to the sisters close to your heart and express your love and care to them. Hence, there’s no article or guidelines you can find online that will tell you what your sister likes, it would solely depend on you as to how much you know your sister and what she really wants. Nothing beats a gift that is personal and very well thought of.