During the times when cloth diapers were not yet invented, diapering was such a challenging task for mothers. This is because they have to deal with endless washing, annoying pins and worse, rashes. However, when disposable diapers became popular, these difficulties were reduced. Once the diaper is soaked already, all you need to do is throw it in bins like Diaper Dekor. Currently, 80% of babies and disabled adults use plastic disposable diapers. But since they use plastic, are they really better? Explore what are the advantages and benefits that cloth diapers offer.
The list below shows the many advantages of using modern cloth diapers over disposable diapers. Be sure to read them carefully because most probably, you will change your mind the next time you look for diapers in the grocery.
- Based on studies, cloth diapers, most specifically prefold cloth diapers, tend to give as much as $2,500 savings per child compared to using disposable diapers. According to research, an average family wastes $2,600 plus on buying more than 7,300 pieces of disposable diapers per year.
- Using organic cloth diapers will not result to tons of wastes that will add to the landfills. Based on statistics, approximately 10,000 tons of disposable diapers are being thrown to the landfills each day.
- By using adult cloth diapers, you will not only have thousands of savings but will also protect the skin from acquiring moisture brought about by frequent urination. Because most brands are absorbent; hence, the wearer is less likely to develop skin rashes.
- Another good thing about using cloth diapers is that they do not develop shiny crystals called sodium polyacrylate, an element that sticks to the skin and can cause allergic reactions.
- Cloth diapers can also reduce the risk of asthma. According to the Archives of Environmental Health, disposable diapers tend to produce emissions which can stimulate the symptoms of asthma.
- Once the child get used to wearing cloth diapers, the quicker it is for him to be potty trained. This is because the child can recognize wetness sooner in cloth than disposable diapers.
- Because cloth diapers are reusable, gone are the days when you have to take a late night trip to the stores. After washing and drying, you will instantly have a diaper for the baby to use which also helps you to save on gasoline.
As you can see, cloth diapers offer loads of benefits to you and your baby’s health. They may be costly upon purchase but the benefits outweigh the hefty price tag in the long run. Consider using these diapers today for you to enjoy all the benefits they have to offer.