For those of you who do not know, soy candles are the latest innovation on candles which are made from soy wax. The wax was invented by Michael Richards in 1992 when he was looking for a cheaper replacement to beeswax. When it reached the candle industry, he was surprised to know that the demand for soy candles is increasingly growing. Scented soy candles are the most popular, most probably because of the sweet-smelling and long-lasting fragrance they produce.
Advantage of Soy Candles Over Paraffin Candles
When compared to normal paraffin candles, here are the great advantages of soy candles:
- First off, soy candles are inexpensive, thanks to the renewable soy wax sources. This wax is a cost-effective alternative to paraffin, as well as to beeswax.
- Because they eliminate the use of petroleum, natural soy candles become a better option for environment-conscious individuals. Fortunately, lighting soy candles does not increase the carbon dioxide on air. That is, if the manufacturer uses pure natural soy wax and does not mix it with synthetic wax or paraffin.
- According to some soy candle makers, soy candles last 50% longer than paraffin candles.
- In case of wax spills, those produced by soy candles are easier to clean, all you need is hot soapy water and they can be washed off in no time. This is not the case with paraffin wax spills, which are very hard to remove on textiles and furniture.
- Another good thing about soy candles is that they tend to produce 90% less soot than paraffin candles. This eventually coats walls and furniture, as well as harm people’s health, that’s why it should be avoided at all costs.
- Scented soy candles deliver more aromas, thanks to the complementary ingredient soybean oil which lowers the burning rate of these candles by 30%. As a result, more liquid waxes stay around the wick, thus allowing more essential oils to evaporate within the area.
- And because soy candles melt more slowly, they can provide continuous illumination for as long as 17 hours.
Where To Buy Soy Candles
As of now, soy candles are widely available on supermarkets and specialized candle stores. You may also purchase them online or easily make them at home.
Because of the many benefits of soy candles, they become the best alternative to ordinary candles. They do not only bring out more fragrance like Lafco Candles, but can also protect your family’s health. Consider buying one today in order to get these wonderful benefits right at your own home.