A high-quality pair of white scrubs is quite hard to find. Additionally, white nursing scrubs can easily accumulate germs and bacteria from the workplace, most specifically during blood stains. For these reasons, it is important that you take extra care when washing and drying them. Once you are able to care and maintain for your scrubs properly, you can retain their whiteness and make them germ-free.
Proper Care for White Scrubs
White scrubs are maintained differently from colored versions. In case you are unsure how to do this, here are the proper caring tips for your white hospital scrubs.
- If your scrubs collection comes in different colors, make sure to separate the whites from your dark-colored scrubs. Wash them separately, especially if you will be using bleach to remove the stains. Doing this will prevent color bleeding or darkening of the white scrubs.
- Always wash your white scrubs in cold water. Doing this will make your scrubs look newer, so try to do this each time you wash them.
- White scrubs should be washed in a gentle cycle setting. Once you are able to implement this, your medical apparel will surely last ten times longer.
- Adding a tablespoon of white vinegar before adding the detergent to the water is also an effective way to kill germs and retain the color of the fabric.
- To ensure the durability of your white scrubs, always use a mild liquid detergent. Allow the water in the washing machine to become sudsy before you add your dirty scrubs.
- Do not use a liquid fabric conditioner when washing your white scrubs. This is because they are mostly made from wash and wear fabric and using a liquid conditioner will only change the fabric’s texture or worse, cause unwanted wrinkles on the clothing.
- And finally, always opt to sun dry your white scrubs. The sun’s rays are the best bacteria killer, especially if you hang them in a place that receives full sunlight. However, if sun drying is not possible, you can also flat dry your scrubs over white sheets. Avoid throwing your white scrubs on the dryer as much as possible, as it will only make them shrink.
To further ensure the longevity of your medical apparel, always purchase them from high quality brands like White Swan Scrubs and White Cross Scrubs. Once you are able to buy a nice pair, you won’t have to purchase another one over and over again, thus you can save more money in the long run. Caring for your white scrubs is easy, you just need to know the dos and don’ts when washing and drying them.
When creating nursing scrubs, there are basically five factors to consider: the drape, color, texture, patterns and silhouette. Apparently, nursing scrubs do not require too elaborate details. As long as they are comfortable to wear and professional looking, they become acceptable enough for nurses working on different medical departments.
Are you in need of new nursing scrubs but unsure which design to choose? Don’t worry because this article will help you out. Below are some of the popular choices to date, which will surely help you in making an informed final decision.
- Solid-Colored Nursing Scrubs – Among the numerous designs of scrubs, this version is considered the most popular. Currently, many nurses opt to wear solid-colored brands like Cherokee nursing scrubs simply because they never run out of style and they are available in almost any color possible.
- White Nursing Scrubs – As most people know, these nursing scrubs are the traditional outfit among medical professionals, most specifically nurses. Nowadays, most medical institutions still require their employees to wear white scrubs most probably because sometimes, colored scrubs can look too flashy and hurting to the eyes.
- Designer Nursing Scrubs – Nowadays, these designer scrubs are becoming increasingly popular thanks to their appealing colors and fashionable style that is usually incorporated with one or two front pockets. Available in solid colors or prints, most brands feature name embroidery along with the company logo on their line of nursing scrubs.
- Holiday Scrubs – At this modern age, your nursing scrubs choices do not have to be limited to only white and green because now, there are lots of delightful and exciting colors and designs to choose from, which celebrate with you during holidays like Halloween and Thanksgiving. If you want to add a touch of fun to your boring medical uniform, then these scrubs are the best solution.
- Unique Asian Nursing Scrubs – Currently, this nursing scrub design is recognized as the most unique. Also known as Batik nursing scrubs, these outfits are made from unique tribal Indonesian fabric and usually worn by Asian nurses, most specifically in the Philippines.
Using the descriptions above, choosing your own nursing scrubs will become much easier. The ideal place to get a pair or two is on the internet, which allows you to pick among a plethora of choices on style, designs, cuts, and patterns. Just remember to put quality and comfort as your top priority, as these will allow you to perform at work excellently.