Waxing alternatives come in various ways to enable one to enjoy smooth skin and remove the unwanted hair in various body parts. The smooth skin comes about being not only that the visible hair is taken care of, but also the roots that hold the hair.
Popular Substitutes To Waxing
When choosing among the waxing alternatives, it is important to determine the amount of hair that one wants to be removed. This will provide a good basis on the choice to go for. A wax warmer comes in handy for those who want to use waxing. There are, however, many alternatives to waxing, and here are some of them.
Some of the waxing alternatives available include shaving. Shaving creams are a good alternative to waxing. It involves rubbing some shaving cream on to the area to be shaved and then proceeding on with the work. The main disadvantage of this technique is that it may cause irritation to the skin. To deal with the irritation, one may have to apply moisturizer as a soothing measure.
- Laser Treatment
Laser treatment is another of the waxing alternatives available. It is a technique that comes in handy when one wants to try out permanent hair removal. It totally removes the hair from the selected area. It has however been noted that it can cause the section of the skin where it was used to become lighter. Treatment of this nature has a certain limitation to its effectiveness to remove all the hair. Also not all people may respond well to the laser treatment. Consulting with a dermatologist before attempting to have it done is of utmost importance.
Tweezing is a great technique for women who want to do away with the facial hairs. Given that women have very few facial hairs, it is technique that can be used effectively. It gets the job done and there is less irritation as compared to other ways.
The wax warmer is an important material to go about waxing. It can be used at home and it allows one to use wax that is warm just like the one that the professionals use. It warms the wax to a temperature that the body can tolerate. It is an important step to making sure that one gets the correct results. The wax warmer comes in many different types. Each brand is different and offers a slightly different set of features than the other. The brands used by the professional beauticians are some of the common types of warmers that one will find in the market.
Waxing is a part of women’s life. However, going to the salon for regular waxing can be taxing and expensive. You can save your money if your learn how to wax hair. So if you want a good result of waxing without spending much money, read this to learn a few tips and tricks on how to wax hair. You will need continuous practice, though, for the perfect results.
Things You Will Need For Waxing
- Wax warmer
- Pre wax cleansers
- Talcum powder
- Waxing strip
- Hand towel
- Wax removers
- Oil or petroleum jelly
- Antiseptic cream or lotion
- Ice water
Steps To Follow For Waxing
Before anything else, you should wait for proper length of hair growth. Your hair length should be approximately 1/4th of an inch. In case your hair is longer than the mentioned length, use clippers or scissors to cut them.
- To start waxing, clean the part of your body where you want to wax. In stores, you can easily find pre wax cleansers that give the desired results.
- Then, dust powder all over the waxing surface.
- Now, apply wax evenly on the surface. Use strokes in the direction of hair growth. Make sure you use an applicator. The applicator can be wooden or plastic. Use good amount of wax to spread all over the surface.
- Apply the waxing strip over the surface. Press it firmly on the surface and press it hard in the direction of hair growth. Perform this hand stroke two to three times. Avoid sticking the entire strip on the wax. Leave some portion at the end to hold the waxing strip. Ensure that wax is attached firmly to the waxing strip.
- Hold the free end of the waxing strip. The other hand should firmly hold the skin while you are pulling the strip.
- Remove the strip by pulling the strip in the opposite direction of hair growth. If you see some wax left over the area, again, place the waxing strip firmly on the surface and pull in again.
While you are waxing, keep the electric wax warmer in the switched on mode. The wax should not cool down. Repeat the above-mentioned steps until all your hairs are removed from the surface. If you see some small hairs on the surface remove them with tweezers. Now, clean the surface by removing the residue with wax remover, oil or even petroleum jelly. Once waxing is over, apply a good body lotion and massage it well over the surface. In case you have very sensitive skin, apply astringent. It will have a cooling effect on your skin.
Some Great Tips
In the market, you will find a great variety of wax. Cream wax is good for sensitive skin with medium hair growth. Honey wax goes perfectly with coarse hair. Recently, you must have heard about cold wax strips. They are not messy but do not hold hair well.
Here are more tips for you to remember:
- Whenever you are using a new wax, perform a patch test to see whether it reacts with your skin or not.
- Always check the temperature of the wax. It should not be too hot to burn your skin.
- If you have any bruises, cuts or allergy, do not wax on the affected area.
- Some people get blisters and allergy after waxing. Apply ice-cold water or even ice on the affected area. Keep an antiseptic lotion or cream. It will soothe your pain and allergy.
- If you are waxing your upper leg, try to get someone to help you.
If you want to learn how to wax your hair you should practice these steps. With regular practice you will be an expert in no time. These are the detailed steps of waxing your hair. With continuous practice, you will learn how to wax hair perfectly.
The use of hot wax is one of the methods that are widely done by women to remove hairs that are not desirable. These ingredients can be obtain in variety of hot wax surf shop and online. These unwanted hair in women are caused by an excess of male hormones such as androgen and testosterone. The growth of unwanted hair is very interfering and reduces the attractiveness of women. Removing the hair is usually done by shaving. Shaving hair has many weaknesses such as cuts and irritation caused by razors. Besides, the shaved hair also grows too fast with the size more rugged. Compared to laser and other hair removal method, hot wax has a number of advantages.
Advantages of Hot Wax Hair Removal
- Cheaper than laser
- Skin looks smoother
- Skin is cleaner and healthier
- The effect is longer lasting
- Can be done at home
- Can be used on all skin types
The hot wax hair removal can be done alone or in the beauty clinics. Usually, when waxing is done for the first time, pain is unavoidable. This pain can be alleviated when you get accustomed to it.
Tips Before Using Hot Wax
- Make sure your skin is not oily and dry.
- Avoid waxing skin that is frequently exposed to direct sunlight.
- Avoid the use of tight clothing after waxing to prevent irritation and swelling.
- Adjust the warmth of the wax to the recommended temperature.
- Avoid using hot wax along with other skin care products from vitamin A, Accutane, Retin A and other ingredients to avoid exfoliation.
- Make sure the area to be waxed does not have a wound or a pimple.
The use of hot wax hair removal is done by heating the wax in a wax warmer or in the hot wax machine. Furthermore, the liquid wax is applied to the body part you wish to remove hair. The layer of the wax that has been applied to the skin is then covered with a waxing strip. The waxing strip is then quickly withdrawn so that the hairs that stick to the wax will be uprooted. This method can leave you smooth and hair free for approximately 3 weeks or so. To maintain a healthy skin on the waxed area, avoid putting on lotion or any deodorant for about 48 hours.
Hot wax is not only beneficial in cleaning the skin and getting rid of unwanted hair but also increasing the confidence of a woman. Make sure to check the ingredients of the product to prevent allergic reaction.
Body waxing is a method of applying wax to any part of the body that removes unwanted hair, including the follicle. This is more advantageous than the regular shaving or plucking because it does not cause you to have coarser hair after the procedure. Because it removes even to the roots, hair grows at a longer period, and the new hair is finer and thinner. It would also take as long as eight weeks for the new hair to grow, unlike the regular shaving, which only takes at least 3 days.
How to Do Body Waxing
This is done when the wax is applied thinly on the targeted area. Once a paper strip is pressed over the wax, it is then removed quickly opposite to the hair growth’s direction. Although you can wax on almost every part of the body, it is not advisable to apply it on sensitive areas such as eyelashes, palms of the hands, soles of the feet or eyelids.
Two Main Types of Body Waxing
- Cold Waxing: In cold waxing, you don’t need to heat the solution before applying it on your skin. The wax is already applied on the strips– you just need to press them on the desired area and strip it off the opposite direction of the hair growth.
- Hot waxing: Hot waxing, on the other hand, requires heating the wax and applying it to the area with a desired temperature. Hot waxing is more advantageous because it adheres better to hairs.
Body Waxing for Men
Women are not the only individuals who get to enjoy body waxing. Men nowadays prefer to be hair-free on the chest or at the back because they consider it hygienic and more presentable to the opposite sex. Apparently, a number of men also do bikini waxing for vanity purposes. Male body waxing is not different from the regular waxing method. Most men who undergo regular waxing are actors, body builders, cyclists, swimmers or other athletes.
Where can you get a reliable waxing service?
Although there are many do-it-yourself waxing kits that you can just perform at home, it is always the safest to have a certified Esthetician to do the job for you. It may cost a little expensive, but they are more knowledgeable on the procedure and are able to control the amount of wax to be placed on the desired area. There is a reliable waxing salon that is known for a guaranteed safe and effective waxing service. Body Waxing Plus, located at Cincinnati, OH has been offering body waxing services for over 23 years. Because they have professional IEtheticians, it would leave you worry-free and you get to achieve positive results.
Body Waxing for Less
If you prefer to trim down your budget and do it at home, it is important that you get the right consistency and temperature of the wax before applying it or it will burn your skin. Different methods are used in warming your wax such as heating it on a stove, using a microwave or dipping the wax container in a hot water. The best method, however, is by using a wax warmer. This is specifically made to heat the wax at a temperature that works effectively in removing body hair and provides a smoother effect on the skin. Several wax warmers are available on the market online or at Beauty stores and it costs from $23-$170 depending on the brand.
Body waxing is indeed preferable than shaving or plucking. But keep in mind that it is a bit painful procedure. So make sure you take analgesics before applying wax to lessen the pain when it gets stripped off from the area.
Anybody would like to have smooth and silky arms and legs aside from a perfect bikini line. This can be achieved more conveniently by using a wax warmer. With an electric wax warmer, you do not have to run to and from the microwave to keep your wax at the perfect temperature while you are performing hair removal at home. Heated wax can be spread more easily and aids in opening follicles and pores. This allows impurities and hair to be taken out more effectively and easily, thereby achieving a more professional result.
The wax warmer may not be something that you have yearned for all your life, and the candle wax warmer may be the only device you know that is used for melting wax. However, if you think that you need your hair to be removed regularly and waxing is the best way to do it, then it would be a great idea to start looking for a wax warmer. It is the best alternative to microwave wax and cold wax strips, when doing hair removal at home. It heats the hair removal wax to a consistent temperature, which means not so hot to burn you but enough to adhere to your skin well and open up hair follicles.
There are many different brands that are available on the market such as the Satin Smooth wax warmer. Each brand has its own unique features, which you can utilize for your own particular requirements.
Tips When Using a Wax Warmer
- Take the lid off the wax jar and put it in the center of the wax warmer.
- Find the switch of the warmer and press it to “On” position. There should be a knob on the warmer that has various heat settings. Turn it to the right number, depending on how hot you like your wax to be.
- Wait for the warmer to heat up the cold wax. If you are using a big jar, the process will take approximately 30 to 40 minutes. Once the wax has turned into the desired consistency, it would be ready for application.
- Turn the switch off once the wax is heated and set control knob to its lowest setting. Wait from one to a couple of hours before taking out the jar of wax. This will allow the temperature of the wax to go down and be safe for use.
When using a wax warmer, ensure that the jar of wax could be heated. Many of the wax that is bought in jars for removing hair are heat resistant. Read the jar label first to ensure that the wax is compatible with a heating device. In addition, you should not test the wax temperature using your finger. Wax can become very hot when heated and can cause serious burns.
If you have decided that a wax warmer would be greatly beneficial for you, there are a lot of physical stores that carry them such as Wal-Mart. You can also find them being sold in better-known boutiques inside malls such as Beauty Express. Hurry and try one now!