With the fast evolving world of fashion footwear, boots have not been left behind. Boots have been around for a long time and as clothes and other fashion accessories have undergone a change with time, so have boots. Waterproof boots have remained to be much like the first boots ever made but these waterproof boots have undergone rapid change, with the varying preferences of those who wear them.
Advantages and Differences
There are some substantial differences between regular boots and waterproof boots such as:
- Regular boots can be worn with most normal clothes while waterproof boots are mostly restricted to field work. However, there are some waterproof boots that are for fashion now.
- These waterproof boots are more durable as compared to regular boots.
- They are expensive as compared to regular boots.
There are many benefits and advantages derived from wearing waterproof boots like:
- Waterproof work boots prevent your feet from getting wet while working.
- They can be worn during wet seasons, which will help save your regular boot from damage caused by wetness. This will also prolong the boot’s life.
- Waterproof boots are easy to clean as they have a smooth surface that only needs wiping with a wet material.
- Waterproof boots are long lasting.
Mens waterproof boots come in different types most especially those from designer collections such as Timberland regular-wear boots to waterproof hiking boots. Depending on the manufacturing method used to make waterproof boots, they mostly weigh differently.
Features and Materials
The common material used for all waterproof boots is rubber but during the making process, other materials can be added to vary the softness of the rubber. Here are some insights in this aspect.
- For lightweight boots, slush molding is used where a metal mold is made and another identical, but slightly larger one is made around it. A liquid consisting of polyurethane and a small amount of rubber is poured in between the cavity of the two molds and spun for equal spreading. It is then removed, its edges trimmed and then decorated.
- For heavier boots, such as Kenetrek boots, fabric or leather and rubber is used. The soles are made from galvanized rubber and have deep treads. The top part is lined with fleece, foam or any other material that prevents the cold from getting into the feet. When this is done, buckles and laces and any other hardware needed are added onto the boot.
Waterproof boots are used in various fields of work, but mostly in the agricultural field, where there is much dirt and moisture that damage your regular boot. Offices and laboratories mostly employ the use of waterproof boots. This is mostly to protect themselves from liquids that may infect them as well as maintain proper hygiene standards. For easier cleaning and ensured service, have these boots handy.