The real reason why many women opt not to apply mascara is because they have no idea how to apply mascara properly. Most often, the mascara would look too thick or too messy that some women would end up foregoing the wonderful sexy look mascara can give.
To stop fearing mascara and what misapplying can do to you read on and follow the instructions here. The thing is you don’t have to worry about how to apply mascara properly as it involves three steps.
- Position the brush of your mascara at the roots of the lashes and brush it evenly towards the tips.
- As you go through the brush, be sure you are doing some jiggle movement.
- Remove the clumps if there is any.
These are simple enough steps but if you are after more effects, extra drama and avoiding a messy mascara look, here are more tips on how to apply mascara properly.
Removing The Clumps
No matter how careful you are or unless you have no-clump mascara, there is always a chance that you will encounter clumps in applying your mascara on. There are two ways or remove the clamp. You either remove it by using a lash comb or you can get rid of it using the mascara brush. Lash comb is recommended for this job but if you don’t have any, you can use the mascara brush by wiping the mascara with a tissue from its brush and use the brush to remove the clumps.
Preventing The Clumps
There is also another way how to apply mascara properly avoiding clumps altogether. There is a mascara brush called spoolies used by makeup artists. These are disposable mascara brush wherein you can only use once. The concept behind it is that clumps are often caused by excess or hardened mascara on the brush. If you use spoolies, the mascara won’t accumulate and hardened on the brush and cause clumps.
There is also a separate mascara type to use to have separate lashes effect. These are often no-clumps mascara. You can use this type of mascara if you don’t want to bother with clumps. And if you learn how to jiggle or wiggle the mascara brush during application, this will even out the mascara preventing clumps. That is why proper application is also an important factor in preventing clumps.
More Tips About Mascara Application
It is important to keep your mascara brush from dust contact. That is why you need to put it inside the mascara bottle as soon as you finish applying the mascara. It is also important to choose the right mascara color for you.
Mascara application is right after putting on the eye shadow. Curl your eyelashes first before you apply the mascara. Use waterproof mascara during monsoon or rainy season. Just be sure you have a make up remover handy for removing the mascara.
There are many tips as to how to apply mascara properly. What is important is that you apply using the three simple steps above. Just remember to wiggle the brush properly to distribute the mascara evenly. This will avoid clumps so that you don’t have to bother yourself removing it afterwards.
Women who love the effects of mascara know there are more types of mascara than just the typical mascara they used to wear. Often, you won’t even bother to use these mascara during rainy seasons or sad occasions. The thing is you can always have the drama you achieve wearing mascara all the time. That is if you know your mascara and choose the best type you need depending on the occasion you plan to attend.
Types Of Mascara In The Market Today
There are about 6 types of mascara you can choose from. Although if you think about it, there are just two general types of mascara, the waterproof mascara and the traditional ‘normal’ mascara you are used wearing.
But because each general types can branch out achieving the same effects (aside from the fact that normal mascara can ruin your make up when it gets wet) the mascara types focused on what it can achieve. So without further ado, here are the 6 common types of mascara.
- Mascara for Length Effect
From its name, it is mascara that aims to achieve an illusion of length. This is best used by women with short thick lashes.
- Mascara for More Volume Effect
These are mascara that can add volume to your eyelashes. Applying this will make your eyelashes thicker than what they truly are. Fine lashes will benefit from this type of mascara.
- Mascara for Separate Lash Effect
These are mascara that separates each strand of your eyelashes to add more emphasis on each strand.
- Mascara for Bending Effect
This mascara focuses on the curl of the eyelashes. Often this effect is combined with the lengthening mascara. This mascara is most suitable for naturally long and straight lashes.
This is actually more a mascara for protecting the lashes than just being a makeup. Most often, this mascara type is applied before applying mascara for makeup.
- Mascara for Color Effects
Mascara is often black and brown. But to achieve more life and vibrant, there are colored mascara like green, blue and a lot more.
Top mascara brands that have one or a combination of two to three of these effects are Dior, Givenchy, Maybeline and L’Oreal. Most women opt to have Dior as it can also give volume. Givenchy is a very close choice to Dior however it smudges under too much heat and oily skin. Plus it is also very thick so it is not advisable for natural look. Maybeline and L’Oreal might not have the best rating but most women who love their lashes have tried these brands as well.
It is best to try more brands to achieve the effects that you need and will enhance the look of your lashes. Know what type of lashes you have to choose what type of mascara you will need. Also consider your life style in choosing your mascara. Waterproof mascara that will thicken, lengthen and bend your lashes is available in the market if you want it. Let these types of mascara guide you to choose what you needed the most.
Eyes are the windows to our souls. And a good eye makeup enhances these windows. The best mascara is that which remains intact all times, not flaking nor smudging, and definitely not losing color nor luster even without retouch for a long time.
You may ask, what is the best mascara out there? There is a wide variety of mascara brands and kinds to choose from and therefore, you cannot lack something that will suit you.
Types of Mascara Available in Today’s Market
Whenever you are out looking for mascara, ensure you buy one with color that compliments your skin tone and eyes, and even your dress color for the day. Black or brown works well for most people but you still need to be careful. Below is a breakdown of best mascara types together with brands available in today’s market;
- While selecting thickening mascara, it is important to choose one that does not flake. Best mascara choice for thick eyelashes is the Armani Eyes to Kill. It is made of a unique formula good for sensitive eyes. It does not dry lashes when applied. Its big brush is also easy to use also. It creates a look of curled, long and full lashes.
- The best lengthening mascara in the market is Blinc Kiss Me. This mascara has volume enhancing effects which thicken and lengthen the lashes. It is clinically tested to be non-irritating and good even for sensitive eyes.
- Drugstore Mascara is a cheaper option without compromise of thick and long lashes; they are known to be hypoallergenic and suitable for daily wear. It is comfortable and has waterproof capabilities thus does not smudge. This means that you do not have to redo your makeup. The best waterproof mascara is able to maintain their state when it contact with wet substance. It should also not get spoilt when rubbed. A good example of this type is the Maybelline Full ‘N’ Soft Waterproof Mascara.
Blinc also offers waterproof mascara, their products create water resistance tube around your eyes ensuring there is no smudging, flaking or running. Removing it is not difficult as all one needs is some water and a little rubbing to get it off.
Choosing mascara is like an art and applying it needs the precision of an artist. A good choice of mascara simplifies your job when applying it. Brushes used for applying mascara should also be comfortable so as not to affect your lashes.
Waterproof mascara has been around for some time now, it is a commonly used piece of makeup. Women choose to use waterproof mascara simply due to the practical advantages that it has to offer. Traditional mascara is really only suitable for one conditional situation, and that is dry and warm surroundings. If there is rain, moisture or anything else similar near the traditional mascara it will run and ruin the women’s makeup.
This is obviously a big inconvenience and makes wearing normal mascara not only a nuisance, but a bit of an overall appearance hazard. This makes waterproof mascara a welcome addition to any women’s makeup collection.
The advantage that this product brings means that a lot of women never go back to using a traditional one after using it. It just makes sense to stick with the easiest and least maintenance type of mascara out there on the market. If you read waterproof mascara reviews you will see that almost all women using it are extremely pleased.
- It is easy to apply.
- It is no different in appearance to normal mascara.
- It does not run in wet conditions and is durable so it doesn’t normally need retouch.
- Waterproof mascara is not just ideal for going out and making you beautiful for a night out, it is an everyday use piece of makeup.
- Its durable qualities make it perfect for someone who is on the go and has an active lifestyle. This is because it’s simple, and low maintenance, you just have to put it on in the morning and not worry about it again until night.
- You can be confident that you are not going to have to readjust your look during the day if you are using waterproof mascara.
Tips in Applying Mascara
Waterproof mascara is generally safe to use, there are just a few simple tips that women should follow before applying.
- The first is that if you need to curl your eyelashes before applying the mascara. If you do this after you have put on mascara, it will not look as good and can create a crumbling effect with the mascara. It may also damage or stain your curling tongs, which can be a big deal to try and clean off.
- Secondly, you should make sure that the mascara applicator is kept clean and dust free. This will allow for the best application possible in the shortest amount of time. This is after all what you want with a product aimed at durability and convenience.
- Never add any liquid in the mascara such as water. Always put cap back on every after use to prevent mascara from hardening.
The only problem is how to remove waterproof mascara. The product is designed to stay on and not come out easily under moist conditions. This makes the removal a little bit trickier than when using normal mascara. As around as how to take off waterproof mascara, you will find many different useful tips and tricks. The most common way is to simply use some make up removal solution on cotton pads. Hold these against your eyes for around 30 seconds then wipe down. Keep repeating this until your waterproof mascara is completely gone. You can also wash your face with facial foam as this helps in removing you mascara as well.