A bra refers to an undergarment for women used that gives support to the breasts. One type of bra is the strapless bra. This has no straps at all and can be worn under tube tops or dresses. Traditionally, bras were made specifically and purely for their functionality, but today, aesthetics are also being considered greatly. Apart from being very handy and useful, the strapless bra has some downfalls. It is a dangerous option to go for especially for women with large breasts for the following reasons:
- Strapless bras are not the firmest option out there. These bras easily lose their grip.
- They are not the most comfortable bras. This is because they sag a lot, requiring one to keep pulling them up.
To minimize the dangers of strapless bras, one could always use the halter removable straps or transparent straps, which are hardly noticeable.
Selection and Shopping Tips
The best strapless bra should have the following qualities:
- Firm – A strapless bra that is not firm could lead to embarrassments and accidents in public that no one wishes to happen.
- Comfortable – A comfortable strapless bra goes a great way in boosting its wearer’s confidence and self-esteem.
- Beauty – Cute and attractive bras are the in thing in the fashion world today. They are quite important especially to the young girls.
When purchasing a strapless bra, the following factors have to be considered:
- Comfort – This is vital in all bras. To function well and carry day to day tasks, a comfortable bra is what you need.
- Cost – Go for bras you can afford but never compromise the quality of the bras.
- Size – The bra should be well fitting. Bra sizes cater all body shape and sizes. Plus size strapless bras were created for plus size women.
When purchasing a strapless bra, be aware that there are also variations for these bras. There are strapless bras that are convertible in the sense that they have removable straps that one can fix and remove depending on preference. There are also strapless push up bra that comes in handy when wearing strapless tops and dresses. It can’t be seen outside the dress and at the same time pushes up the breasts of its wearer making them look rounder, bigger and more attractive. Speaking of push up bras, the bustier bra is also another option. Purchasing and learning how to wear strapless bra properly will make you function well and be more secured and confident no matter what clothes you wear.
A strapless bra is the best choice of bra to put on with a strapless dress or top. They are the ideal solution for enhancement under strapless tops. According to bra designers, strapless bras are among the most challenging to design. There are different types that are designed to be worn under different colors and fabric of the top so as to conceal it.
Types of Strapless Bra
Below are types of strapless bras;
- Bandeau – This is a strapless bra made without an underwire; therefore, it does not provide support. They are designed almost the same way as a tube top with a light and stretchable material. They can simply be described as a scarf wrapped around the chest area and tied together in the middle of the breasts. They are mostly worn with casual wear.
- Underwire – Under wires in a strapless bra is made in a way that it covers most of the breast area than bras with straps. This is to help provide support and to keep the bras up. When it is worn for a long time, a woman may have to keep tugging it into place .
- Padded strapless bra – Padding make the breasts appear fuller and make the bra cup appear seamless. Padding is normally formed by sewing foam to the breast cup.
- Strapless long line– This is a type of strapless bra that fits over the waist and down to the waist. It provides the breast with support and a shaping effect along the waist line. The cups of this bra may be padded or have an underwire. Strapless long line can be designed to be worn as a top with a variety of ornaments and colors.
- Adhesive bras – These are strapless bras that are plain on the back and are best worn with dresses or tops with plunging backs. It is also called backless strapless bra. It uses light adhesive to fasten the bra over the breast. It provides very little support and is not advisable for large busted women. They are available in padded or non padded forms.
Other Specific Variations
You can find a selection of plus size strapless bras designed in many shops that sale under garments. A plus size strapless bra has an under wire to provide support and so as to stay in place throughout the day. An invisible bra is an adhesive type that gives the breast a push up and enhancement without being noticed. They are called invisible because they are strapless and cannot be noticed very easily through clothing but they are there.
You can find the best strapless bra in your local clothes store or in online stores. It is better to look for bras according to your needs and not according to what is popular. Then at the end of the day you can call it your own the best strapless bra.