It is a well known fact that fish oil has numerous benefits. However, there are many things to know about fish oil before deciding to buy it. What to look for when purchasing fish oil is a crucial question that you must clearly answer for yourself. For instance, you should be aware of the fact that the source of the fish oil is very important. The source should be fish that has lived in the deep and cold waters of oceans mainly because these areas are very clean and pollution-free. There are more reasons behind this and they are mentioned below:
- Scientific data and numerous studies have revealed that these fish contain the maximum concentrations of both DHA and EPA. These two essential oils are very important for the body.
- Almost every water body has been contaminated because of chemicals and other pollutants. If fish oil is taken from fishes growing in these areas of the water bodies, serious waterborne diseases can be spread, resulting in deadly health issues.
Hence, the first aspect of the answer to what to look for when purchasing fish oil is the species of the fish. The best quality of fish oil comes from the fish that reside in the ocean areas near New Zealand’s south coast and Alaska. Salmon and Hoki are the two fishes that have been proven to be the best.
Unfortunately, simply choosing the right species of fish and the right source is not enough. Molecular distillation is very essential because there are natural contaminants that need to be purified. Separation by weight is done and the purified form is the best form of fish oil.
Here are more pointers besides the aforementioned to tell you what to look for when purchasing fish oil:
- The amount of DHA and EPA present are very important. DHA must be present in more amounts because it is more essential of the two oils. Along with the amount, the quality must be top notch. The concentration of DHA and EPA should not be less than 200 mg together. If it is, the product is useless and will not help you.
- The freshness is also very important. Stale fish oil and fish oil supplements will do more harm than good. Thus, you must be sure that the fish oil is fresh.
- The fish oil must be a hundred percent toxin-free and that can be achieved only when it is purified thoroughly.
- It’d be ideal if the fish oil supplements you purchase also have additional nutrients like vitamins A, B and D. Vitamin E may be used in order to prevent spoilage of fish oil.
There are numerous different brands such as Xtend-life and Spring Valley fish oil that you can choose from but you have to first be sure that the brand qualifies as reliable. The only way to find out is to do a quick research and check the purity and the source of the fish used. Using the above pointers you will know what to look for when purchasing fish oil.
Fish oil is highly beneficial and this statement has been proved through numerous studies and researches. The health benefits of fish oil are numerous which helps your body in a number of crucial ways. Fish oil is essentially extracted from deep ocean fishes and it consists of two different omega 3 fatty acids; DHA and EPA. DHA is present in more amounts in comparison to EPA.
The reason why this is more beneficial than other sources of essential oils or omega 3 fatty acids is that other oils such as flax seed oil don’t have DHA and EPA in their natural form. When you take flax seed oil and other oils extracted from plant sources, your body will need to convert the essential oils into the required sources. This is problematic for elderly people and people with weaker immune system. Fish oil on the other hand contains EPA and DHA and there is no requirement of any conversion. Thus, it can be assimilated very easily by one and all.
Health Benefits Of Fish Oil
Listed below are some of the main health benefits of fish oil:
- It regulates the triglyceride level in the blood. This is beneficial because high levels of triglycerides can result in cardiovascular disease.
- It also regulates high blood pressure when it is a resultant of high cholesterol level in the blood as well as because of the hardening of arteries.
- It is very beneficial for people suffering from psoriasis, rheumatoid arthritis and gout because it reduces the severe inflammation that is a consequence of these health issues.
- Fish oil also helps maintain good health of the entire nervous system thereby reducing the risks of nervous disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease.
- Depression is becoming very common among young adults and teenagers today. Low amounts of DHA in the body have shown links to the incidence of depression. Hence taking fish oil can also lower the risk of depression and anxiety.
- Fish oil improves the overall immunity in spectacular ways. Cancer is a major threat today and recent studies have revealed that fish oil consumption reduces the risk of deadly cancers like prostate cancer and breast cancer.
- Fish oil also helps those suffering with Type II diabetes in many ways.
- It has also been known to reduce the risk of osteoporosis.
While the health benefits of fish oil are never ending, one must know that over consumption of fish oil and fish oil taken from the wrong sources can be dangerous. You should be careful about contaminants such as mercury and other heavy metals. Also, inferior supplements of fish oil could cause additional problems. Hence you must stick to well known, reputable brands like Spring Valley fish oil to enjoy the many health benefits of fish oil.
Fish oil supplements refer to pills, capsules, tablets or soft gel that contains extracted fish oil, and are orally taken or swallowed by a person that needs to increase their consumption of fish oil, be it solely for better health reasons and other cases of self improvements. Therefore, they have to find an alternative source of fish oil which is a very essential nutrient in our bodies today.
Is There a Standard Dosage?
Fish oil supplement can be over the counter drugs, commonly referred to as OTCs as well as prescription drugs for people who fall ill due to insufficient fish oil intake. Fish oil supplements include omega 3 fatty acids that are very necessary for cell functioning. The most perfect fish oil supplements dosage is not quite standard yet but there are various recommendations by health experts. Some of permitted dosages include;
- 450-500 mg per day
- 300-500 mg per day
There are individuals who are known to take up to even 1000mg per day and they are still in perfect health. This is to say that there is no standard dosage, provided on the start of taking these supplements; a small dosage is taken in order to determine possible allergies.
Leading Names in Fish Oil Supplements
To prevent cell malfunctioning for people who have an inadequate or no source of fish oil at all, fish oil supplements have to be taken. Some of t best fish oil supplements brands include those listed below;
- Finest natural oil fish oil supplements
- Ice land health fish oil supplements
- Natrol fish oil supplements
- Schiff fish oil supplements
Spring Valley fish oil is a fish oil supplement brand that usually has an enteric coating. This coating is most often coated with some sweet flavour that serves to protect soft jelly covering from releasing its taste in ones mouth, until it goes down to lower intestines. This fish oil supplement results in more essential fatty acids in a person’s body. Spring Valley fish oil is a preferred brand as it does not contain that smell of cod liver oil that people do not like.
Benefits of Fish Oil
Fish oil has many benefits. They are known to minimize if not cure the risk of many diseases. They are also a great source of stress reliever. Some benefits of fish oil supplements include;
- Fish oil supplements stand no chance of having harmful chemicals while fish may contain harmful chemicals like mercury that they take in from pesticides and other harmful chemicals spilled in water
- Consuming fish could add excess vitamins to a person’s body when consumed, while fish oil supplements contain only enough vitamins
- Fish oil supplements come in handy in emergencies like when one needs an immediate dose of fish oil due to some health reasons.
- With fish oil supplements, one can tell the exact amount of fish oil he or she consumes in a day, unlike with eating fish itself.
Fish oil has many proven medical results due to its important component – omega 3 fatty acids. With this discovery, companies have pursued to produce their own version of fish oil supplements. With all these variants available in the market, it is safe to say that you can never go wrong with whatever brand you pick.
Fish oil dosage is the recommended amount that one is supposed to consume if they are using fish oil. Fish oil is extracted from the tissues of oily fish. Some fish contain high levels of fatty acids in the body that make their consumption to be regulated. The high levels of dioxin and mercury toxins in fish oil are what make fish oil consumption dangerous.
Dosage of Fish Oil for Adults
Fish oil dosage for adults helps in treating heart diseases, depression, cancer, anxiety, muscular degeneration, Alzheimer’s disease, mental health among other conditions. The right fish oil dosage is connected with the weight of an individual. The dosage for adults is high compared to that of children due to various factors such as metabolism of the body.
Children’s Fish Oil Dosage
The appropriate fish oil dosage for children depends on their age, health status and how much fish products the child eats on a daily basis. Fish oil supplements in low dosage are safe for children. Fish oil dosage for children is not the same as the fish oil dosage for adults. If the child has a medical condition you should consult a pediatrician in order to know the fish oil dosage you are to administer.
How Important is a Proper Dosage
What is the importance of using proper fish oil dosage?
- Fish oil dosage weight loss contains a component that turns on the lypolityc genes of the body, which are responsible for the burning of fats. They become activated to increase their consumption of fat stores from the body leading to weight loss.
- The DHA compound in fish oil has been identified to reduce inflammatory diseases such as coronary heart disease, atherosclerosis, heart attack, diabetes and stroke. This component has a protective effect against most of these diseases.
- Anti-inflammatory properties – EPA is another compound in fish oil that has a great anti inflammatory effect on the tissues of the body after an intense exercise.
- Pain management– It has been found out that while fish oil reduces the inflammation, it also reduces pro inflammatory fats out of the cell membranes leaving an additive effect. That is why when people take more Omega-6 and Omega-3 fatty acids; there is significant increase in pain.
- Stress fighter– The correct fish oil dosage provides sufficient amount of fatty acids that inhibit adrenal stimulation of steroids and other chemicals produced by the body as a result of stress. Therefore fish oil reduces the amount of stress hormones that is produced in the body.
Heart Health Supplement
There are many fish oil supplements in the market today one of them being the Spring Valley fish oil, which is normally advertised as a heart health supplement. You can get is at Wal-Mart stores and also online at great discounts. Spring Valley fish oil offers a wide variety of fish oil products allowing their customers to choose the best fish product for their needs.
Fish oil is very nutritious as it contains fatty acids such as omega-3, and, therefore, you should often take fish oil but in right amounts.
Spring Valley Fish Oil is a potent and affordable source of Omega-3 fatty acids. According to recent studies, these compounds offer a wide variety of benefits for people of nearly any lifestyle or age. From improving heart health and reducing the mortality rate of heart attacks to lowering triglycerides and reducing the effects of pediatric asthma, fish oil has plenty of uses.
Potential Benefits of Spring Valley Fish Oil
- Improved heart health: Studies have shown that omega-3 fatty acids are capable of reducing the occurrence of cardiovascular diseases. This is thought to work by helping to balance the levels of bad LDL (low density lipoprotein) and good HDL cholesterol (high density lipoprotein) within the blood stream. This makes it easy for your heart to circulate blood through your body. Added benefits include improved circulation and possible reduction of atherosclerosis.
- Improved immune system: As a general immune system booster, Spring Valley Fish Oil can help to build resistance to common ailments such as the flu and common cold. Studies have shown that fish oil can help to reduce fatigue and fevers associated with many of these common illnesses as well.
- Reduction of arthritis symptoms: Recent studies in Australia have shown that large doses of fish oil can help to ease the symptoms and slow the progression of rheumatoid arthritis. This is thought to work by directly affecting the enzymes responsible for cartilage degradation.
- Treatment of Alzheimer’s disease: While there is no cure for this tragic illness, studies at Louisiana University have shown that omega-3 fatty acids can help to reduce the symptoms and disorientation associated with the disease. Though it does not reverse effects, it can reduce symptoms and allow patients to live a more regulated, normal lifestyle.
When it comes to affordable health supplements and nutritional aids, Spring Valley has been providing high-quality products for decades. As a leader in the industry, Spring Valley Fish Oil Pills are manufactured in one of the largest fish oil refineries in North America. This allows them to pass on savings and high quality products to you.
Spring Valley Fish Oil review listings are generally positive. This allows you to purchase these supplements with confidence. This outstanding reputation has also allowed Spring Valley to offer their products in nearly every major retail store and online retailer available. Finding Spring Valley Fish Oil supplements could not be easier.
Due to its pungent odor and strong taste, Spring Valley Fish Oil is commonly found in pill form. The common dosage is 300-milligram enteric-coated capsules. These capsules dissolve quickly and easily within the stomach to allow maximum absorption while effectively masking the fishy taste and smell of the fish oil. Bottles are available in quantities ranging from 25 to 250 capsules. Buying in bulk can yield additional savings as well.
As with any major illness, if you do not see an improvement in your condition soon after starting Spring Valley Fish Oil, consulting with a licensed medical professional is recommended. However, with the popularity of fish oil, your regular physician or local pharmacist can provide you with additional guidance and information about fish oil upon request.