Nail art is a process whereby one’s nails are decorated artistically using different colors, designs and patterns. The art makes the nails look beautiful and neat. Nowadays, it is a common practice to observe different colors, patterns and designs on women’s nails. For making nail designs, use the Orly nail polish because of its quality.
The practice of nail art has been there for a long time. History has it that the Chinese used to apply enamel to give their nails a pink finish. The Indians used henna to dye their nails on special occasions and for decorative purposes. With time, the art of nail design has seen tremendous changes and it is the in thing in the recent times.
Nail Art Tools
In order for your nails to be designed, there are various tools that are used. Below is a list of the nail art tools and their functions.
- Files – Before applying any nail polish and design, it is essential to file your nails so as to make them uniform and neat.
- Emery boards – These are used to rough your nail bed before applying any polish or design. It is mainly used when one wants to use artificial nails.
- Nail art brushes – Brushes are used specifically to create lines, circles and other unique designs on the nails. They are of varying thicknesses thus creating varying sizes of lines.
- Orange sticks – They are used to place decorative crystals and stones on the nails when decorating them.
- Dotting tools – Tools such as these are specifically used in creating dots of different sizes on the nails as part of the design. They are also used to make other shapes with nail polish.
With the increasing popularity of nail art, there are various nail art designs that are available. With this, you can choose from a wide range of designs. Some of the known designs include:
- Dotted French
- Simple flowers
- Cupid nail art design
- Cosmic showers
- Shellac swirls
- Swirled elegance
The list of nail designs is endless as people always come up with new nail designs on a daily basis. You can also customize your own nail art design according to your preferences. There are easy nail art styles which do not require a skilled nail artist to apply. You can apply the designs by going through a nail art tutorial that provides you with step by step instructions on how to apply the design on your nails. Pamper your nails now and make them beautiful with your preferred design.
Nail art is an artistic activity of creating patterns and designs on nails. The designs are very simple to create. You can do them at home and create your own design or have an expert do it in order to have unique and attractive designs. Nail art ideas are inspired by many different things such as nature, fruits, flowers and cartoon characters. There are no hard and fast rules on how to do nail art. Here are three nail art designs that you can work on.
- Apply Ultima Bonder then flash cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply Pink sculpture gel to the nail, and then cure for two minutes.
- Then brush Ultima Builder onto the nail. Apply white Mylar and silver in spots on the nail. Leave to cure for two minutes.
- On the nail, brush Ultima Builder for a second time. To add lines to accentuate the design, apply primary black gel. Then cure for two minutes.
- Apply sculpt and nail shiner to seal and finish off.
It is a nail art that uses dots of various styles and colors which are then drawn on the nails.
- Make a French manicure.
- Using a nail art dotting tool, make a small dot or a large one on one side and on the other side, make a bigger one. Choose colors that complement each other such as light blue, green and dark blue.
- Using the larger side of the dotting tool, paint lighter blue dots below and above the French manicure smile.
- Using the smaller side of the dotting tool, create darker blue dots below and above the same line.
- Polish your nails with a pink color. Make five white dots in a circular pattern to create the flower petals with the use of a dotting tool. A toothpick will do.
- Place the tool at every dot’s center and slowly drag the toothpick to the flower’s center.
- Using a stripper brush, create two wisps with hot pink nail polish.
- Dip the tool in a white polish, and then add tiny dots on the sides of the petals. Add dots alongside of one of the wisps you have made too.
- Make a stripe below the top stripe and put silver glitter. Also dot the flower’s center with silver glitter.
Aside from painting your nails, there are also other ways of creating nail arts.
- Press on nails, also called artificial nails, come in handy when you need instant beautiful nails. All you need to do is press it on your real nail, and you have your instant nail art.
- Nail art stamp is a type of manicure that lets you imprint designs on nails by stamping an image on the nails. You can apply and change the designs whenever you want and switch to whichever design you want.
Nail art is very useful especially when you attend parties or simply want to look artsy. There are still other designs in the internet. Choose your design and make your nails beautiful and attractive.