Nail art designs are some of the best beauty techniques that a woman can wear and when done in the right way, it enhances the appearance of your hands and nails. Nail designs are mostly done in beauty parlors, salons and spas. For this reason, they are expensive but if you cannot afford them, then there are some easy designs that you can use and apply at the convenience of your home.
Lace Nail Art
For this design, you will need a few laces. Dark colored ones are mostly preferred.
- For each nail, cut a piece of lace that fits precisely over you nail.
- When you have cut the required pieces, apply clear nail polish on each nail one at a time.
- Place the corresponding laces firmly on each nail.
- Apply a sealing coat of nail polish, and allow it to dry, and there you have it, a fine nail art designs.
News on Nails
For these nail art designs, you will need an old newspaper.
- Apply clear nail polish on each nail carefully to avoid applying on the side of the nail and the cuticles and allow the nail polish to dry.
- Dip the nails in removal alcohol.
- Place the nails on the print side of the newspaper, each nail at a time and press firmly, and then hold for about 20 to 30 seconds. Repeat this for other nails.
- When you take your nails off the newspaper, they should have prints on them.
- Apply a sealing coat on the nails and allow it to dry completely.
This is just about one of the nail design to create.
- Apply clear nail polish on the entire length of your nails.
- Ensure that the glitter brush is at arm’s length, so that when you are done applying the clear polish, you apply the glitters only at the tips of your nails.
- Allow the clear nail polish to dry, and then apply a sealing coat for the finish.
Nail art designs are easy to do and have incredible results especially when done with care and expertise and using quality products like Orly nail polish. They are also different for different occasions and different clothing. The advantages of the nail designs are that they are easy to create and for each finger, you can use a different art design.
Looking good has its benefits and applying beautiful nail art designs will do more than just complement your beautiful hands. Maintaining the cleanliness of your fingernails speaks a lot about a person and their hygienic practices.
Nail art is a process whereby one’s nails are decorated artistically using different colors, designs and patterns. The art makes the nails look beautiful and neat. Nowadays, it is a common practice to observe different colors, patterns and designs on women’s nails. For making nail designs, use the Orly nail polish because of its quality.
The practice of nail art has been there for a long time. History has it that the Chinese used to apply enamel to give their nails a pink finish. The Indians used henna to dye their nails on special occasions and for decorative purposes. With time, the art of nail design has seen tremendous changes and it is the in thing in the recent times.
Nail Art Tools
In order for your nails to be designed, there are various tools that are used. Below is a list of the nail art tools and their functions.
- Files – Before applying any nail polish and design, it is essential to file your nails so as to make them uniform and neat.
- Emery boards – These are used to rough your nail bed before applying any polish or design. It is mainly used when one wants to use artificial nails.
- Nail art brushes – Brushes are used specifically to create lines, circles and other unique designs on the nails. They are of varying thicknesses thus creating varying sizes of lines.
- Orange sticks – They are used to place decorative crystals and stones on the nails when decorating them.
- Dotting tools – Tools such as these are specifically used in creating dots of different sizes on the nails as part of the design. They are also used to make other shapes with nail polish.
With the increasing popularity of nail art, there are various nail art designs that are available. With this, you can choose from a wide range of designs. Some of the known designs include:
- Dotted French
- Simple flowers
- Cupid nail art design
- Cosmic showers
- Shellac swirls
- Swirled elegance
The list of nail designs is endless as people always come up with new nail designs on a daily basis. You can also customize your own nail art design according to your preferences. There are easy nail art styles which do not require a skilled nail artist to apply. You can apply the designs by going through a nail art tutorial that provides you with step by step instructions on how to apply the design on your nails. Pamper your nails now and make them beautiful with your preferred design.
Nail art is an artistic activity of creating patterns and designs on nails. The designs are very simple to create. You can do them at home and create your own design or have an expert do it in order to have unique and attractive designs. Nail art ideas are inspired by many different things such as nature, fruits, flowers and cartoon characters. There are no hard and fast rules on how to do nail art. Here are three nail art designs that you can work on.
- Apply Ultima Bonder then flash cure for 30 seconds.
- Apply Pink sculpture gel to the nail, and then cure for two minutes.
- Then brush Ultima Builder onto the nail. Apply white Mylar and silver in spots on the nail. Leave to cure for two minutes.
- On the nail, brush Ultima Builder for a second time. To add lines to accentuate the design, apply primary black gel. Then cure for two minutes.
- Apply sculpt and nail shiner to seal and finish off.
It is a nail art that uses dots of various styles and colors which are then drawn on the nails.
- Make a French manicure.
- Using a nail art dotting tool, make a small dot or a large one on one side and on the other side, make a bigger one. Choose colors that complement each other such as light blue, green and dark blue.
- Using the larger side of the dotting tool, paint lighter blue dots below and above the French manicure smile.
- Using the smaller side of the dotting tool, create darker blue dots below and above the same line.
- Polish your nails with a pink color. Make five white dots in a circular pattern to create the flower petals with the use of a dotting tool. A toothpick will do.
- Place the tool at every dot’s center and slowly drag the toothpick to the flower’s center.
- Using a stripper brush, create two wisps with hot pink nail polish.
- Dip the tool in a white polish, and then add tiny dots on the sides of the petals. Add dots alongside of one of the wisps you have made too.
- Make a stripe below the top stripe and put silver glitter. Also dot the flower’s center with silver glitter.
Aside from painting your nails, there are also other ways of creating nail arts.
- Press on nails, also called artificial nails, come in handy when you need instant beautiful nails. All you need to do is press it on your real nail, and you have your instant nail art.
- Nail art stamp is a type of manicure that lets you imprint designs on nails by stamping an image on the nails. You can apply and change the designs whenever you want and switch to whichever design you want.
Nail art is very useful especially when you attend parties or simply want to look artsy. There are still other designs in the internet. Choose your design and make your nails beautiful and attractive.
The nails are an important part of any lady’s appearance, and they say a lot about the kind of person one is. Bad nails portray one as careless and dirty while clean, beautiful and well kept nails portray the person as organised and neat. There are various nail designs in which one can cut and decorate their nails, and they are all dependant on an individual’s preference and choice.
Nail art today has become the hottest and newest accessory for nail decoration. Nail art designs range from animal prints to flower prints and many other patterns depending on one’s specific liking in the field of art.
Press on nails refer to artificial nails that are applied onto the natural nails using glue and pressed on for a firmer grip. These nails last for a period of up to one week when one is required to change them or stick them back on with more glue. These nails are stuck on using special glue that does not require a long time to dry, and these nails are easy to remove hence not damaging to one’s natural nails.
Common Nail Art Designs and Techniques
There are various kinds of nail designs. There are those worn on a specific season like dull for winter, and glossy ones for the summertime. Some of the cool nail art designs people have on their nails today include the following:
- metallic garden
- dotted French
- simple flowers
Acrylic nails refer to artificial nail extensions that very many women are embracing today due to their beauty and easy to maintain nature. There are various acrylic nail designs today that have the ability to dazzle ones hands with amazingly beautiful effects. The acrylic nails are gaining more and more popularity today, especially for special occasions like weddings and other occasions that require a theme.
Just as, there are many nail designs, there are just as many nail art accessories and supplies, some of which include nail polish, nail polish brush, nail file, Lanolin cream and nail art pin.
The kind of nail designs one selects varies from time to time depending on the season, celebration, theme as well as an individual’s clothing. Other determining factors include:
- Occasion – great celebrations demand bright colours while sad occasions call for dull colours
- Occupation – there are certain occupations that will require one not to wear any form of nail polish and design as their work will take off the polish and designs.
Very thin pins are used for the process of engraving designs on nails to avoid smudging the nail polish applied. There are easy nail designs that one can apply themselves. Nail designs are important as they enhance the beauty and appearance of one’s hands.