Glass cases of football are essential to hold or display football and they are equally very beautiful and well designed. These cases are made precisely with the perfect size and shape. The material strength of the glasses used is very high and the mirrors which are attached on either side of the glasses are very clear as well as shiny. It also reflects light very clearly because of its smooth surface. The glasses of the football display case are scratch proof. It will enhance the beauty of your football and help visitors view the footballs more clearly.
Advantages Of Glass Cases
There are number of advantages of glass cases. Some of them are as follows:
- Curio cabinets combined with reflective mirrors increase the viewing angle.
- Lasts longer than other material cases.
- Glass made cases create more lighting effects than any material.
- These cases shine from top to bottom.
- It can also create under lighting effects which allow the viewer to see it at night in a darkened room.
- Glass made cases are very cost effective.
Uses Of Glass Cases
There are several uses of glass cases. Some of the uses are mentioned below:
- Protecting items from dust and other environmental factors.
- Protection from kids, pets and other people.
- You can use it as a full size football display case.
- Displaying memorabilia like trophies and other items of sentimental value.
Tips In Cleaning Glass Cases
Some of the tips of glass cases are as follows:
- Make sure that your hand is clean before handling the glass case for cleaning.
- Do not touch the items with your bare hands. Use a suitable towel or paper towel.
- Use appropriate cleaning solutions instead of water to wipe the glass case as well as the items displayed inside to be cleaned.
- Use one direction in cleaning the items for the dust and other dirt to be taken off completely without leaving smudges.
- Replace towels or paper towels once it gets dirty.
- Paper towels or newspapers are more recommended in cleaning the glass parts to avoid liquid specks.
- Dry appropriately before returning the items displayed to eliminate moisture buildup inside the case.
Displaying important items of sentimental value is best done with glass cases. These cases allow people to always see those things that bring good memories to them. It also allows them to preserve those items that are meant for keeps.
Football is a game that occupies the hearts of most sports enthusiasts. Collecting football memorabilia is a hobby or may be a passion for many. These people take great care of their football memorabilia and preserve them in their own ways.
There are various items that are used in the game of football. The most common football memorabilia that are prized by most football enthusiasts are the following:
- A football is the most coveted article for any football fanatic. They would love to own such item that is signed by their favorite players.
- Football jerseys are also preserved as football memorabilia.
- People are interested in collecting helmets too that are worn by the outstanding stars. These helmets are available in various sizes.
- Photographs, photo mints as well as coins of Super Bowl are not very difficult to find.
The places where the football memorabilia are available are mostly retail stores, conventional sports outlets as well as online sites.
Why People Collect Football Memorabilia
Football memorabilia is a fantastic way of rejuvenating old memories. They offer a nostalgic feeling as one watch his possessions well kept in cases. Some collect these as a hobby mostly because they love the game while others make them as a way of earning by selling ticket hubs, shirts or autographed balls. They can make for a great gift also especially for those who share the same attachment and feeling towards the game.
Just collecting football memorabilia is not enough. They are age old items and are naturally prone to wear and tear. Nowadays various kinds of cases like football display cases are available at the stores where they can be preserved, kept safe and clean. Football memorabilia must be cleaned and preserved properly with the right materials. Here are some tips that will help keep the items as well as the cases clean and last for many years.
- To remove finger prints from the glass case, rubbing the surface with a soft fabric is the proper way of cleaning the stains. But if the marks are deeper, using light soapy water works well. In addition, ammonia-based cleaners are used to remove dirt and stain by rubbing it off with a soft fabric.
- For acrylic materials, furniture polish can be used that gives the cases a perfect shine.
- Brass items require special brass cleaners if the stains are not removable by warm soapy water.
- Silver or gold plated football memorabilia have to be cleaned with mild cleansers that are available in liquid form especially made for such metals.
- Importantly, regular check up on theses memorabilia will assess the presence of dust and any damages.
Collectors of these memorabilia definitely would want to preserve them. Hence, learn these tips and give importance to your collection.
A display cabinet is a perfect house accessory for showcasing small household items such as china ware, trophies, curios, jewelry and other items such as baseballs, golf balls, swords, guns and caps. Display cabinets are best used when placed in a living room or any area of the house that everyone who comes in can see them.
Types and Styles
There are various types and styles of display cabinets that you can choose from to suit your taste. Some of the major styles include:
- Cabinets with curved legs and curved sides for that classical look.
- Cabinet with straight length legs and smooth sides for that modern look.
The types are distinct because various display cabinets are meant for various items.
- Curio cabinets and corner cabinets are used for displaying glass or porcelain figurines.
- Achievements cabinets are used for holding trophies, medals and flags.
- Special display cabinets are used for holding items such as guns, swords, bats and so on.
There are also some specially made display cabinets such as football display case, which is made for a single football. This cabinet rests on a small cradle in the case and enclosed within glass walls.
Different materials are used in making different kinds of display cabinets.
- Wood is the most common, which is mostly preferred for making the corner display cabinet since wood is stronger and will support the weight of the items above and within the cabinet.
- Glass is another material used, especially if you want to make a lighted display cabinet. Glass reflects the light and illuminates the cabinet.
You can also have a cabinet made from the combination of both wood and glass to make a fine wall display cabinet, with wooden sides and glass shelves.
Organizing Items in a Display Cabinet
However, the real task comes in when you want to organize the items in the display case and place them strategically to achieve a good look on your display cabinet. Nonetheless, with a few tips this should be easy.
- Get the right theme for the cabinet which should match the room`s theme.
- Avoid overcrowding your cabinet so that each piece plays its role.
- Place the larger items in the center of the cabinet.
- If you have metallic objects, you might want to use fabric to soften the look.
- A mirror is important to create an impression of largeness and for reflection.
- Also, make sure you pick a color that matches the general color of the room.
A display cabinet can be a good conversation starter if strategically placed in a room. For this reason it should be neat and beautiful, such that anyone who looks at it will be charmed and feel obliged to make good comments about it.
The world today has embraced sporting activities unlike before. For this reason, people have begun the practise of collecting sports memorabilia for the purposes of having things to remind them of the heroic moments in the sport of their choices as well as the legends in the specific fields. sports memorabilia also act as a future investment, especially for business-oriented individuals who serve to sell these memorabilia to fans, some of who are willing to buy them at any price.
Popular Sports Memorabilia
Memorabilia are important to fans for the following reasons: they signify loyalty of a fan to a particular team and for sentimental value. Some of the most popular sports memorabilia include:
- Caps, especially for baseball
Many at times, these memorabilia are usually autographed and they are, therefore, very much treasured by their owners. All of the above memorabilia can be found in different sports memorabilia stores, even simple clothing stores. These stores specialize in the selling of sports memorabilia. These memorabilia stores are flooded with sports fans, each of them seeking the latest version of a particular kind of memorabilia at varying prices.
It is almost impossible to quote the exact prices for the many memorabilia being sold today. This is because, as many sports fans say, memorabilia are worth what one is willing to pay for them. Because of this, it is not strange for one to hear that memorabilia is being sold at auctions where the highest bidder goes home with it. Vintage sports memorabilia are not easy to come by but with the presence of the memorabilia stores, one can find vintage memorabilia quite easy. These memorabilia are classy, costly and timeless.
When thinking of giving sports memorabilia as a gift to a sports fanatic, one should consider buying them together with the many designs of the sports memorabilia cases like football display cases. Some are made of glass while others are made of a combination of both glass and wood. These cases are usually quite beautiful and presentable as they serve to store things that people hold dear and those, which are possibly quite difficult to find their replica. These cases ought to be very beautiful and presentable since they are for the purposes of displaying treasured sports memorabilia, which many at times are not used, but just stored in display for sentimental value. For sports fans, sports memorabilia are an investment worth making as they will always remain timeless.
When it comes to displaying and maintaining your football memorabilia collection, choosing a proper football display case is essential. These cases provide protection for your prized possessions while also creating an attractive way of displaying them. Cases are available in a wide variety of designs and materials to suit nearly any collection of mini helmets, footballs, signed pieces, jerseys, photographs and more.
Common Case Designs
While cases are available in nearly any size and design imaginable, there are a few designs that are the most popular amongst football collectors. These models include:
- Mini football helmet display case: These small display cases often consist of a hard base and cube-shaped acrylic shell. Some models are designed for storing multiple mini helmets to allow you to group your collection by team, year or other characteristics.
- Football display case: These rectangular cases are ideal for displaying or storing footballs. They often consist of a sturdy base, acrylic shell and a mount or indention to secure the football at a specific orientation. These are a great way to preserve signatures or prevent damage to valuable footballs. They also make great awards for team members or sponsors.
- Football helmet display case: These cases are larger than the mini helmet case but feature most of the same features. An optional stand in the center of the case can provide a unique appearance while securing the helmet from shifting or falling.
- Football jersey display case: These cases often include a colored backing, frame and protective acrylic or glass. Treatments can be included in the glass or acrylic to prevent fading due to exposure to sunlight. These football display case designs are available in a variety of sizes to accommodate any jersey. Including football cards, photographs or other memorabilia can help to create a cohesive collection and increase value over time.
Things to Consider When Getting a Football Display Case
When it comes to choosing the best case, there are a number of factors to consider. While the protection that any case can provide is better than no protection at all, choosing a high-quality case will ensure your investment and memories are protected. Traits to consider include:
- Materials: Cheap football display case designs often use acrylic or plastic and particle board. While these can provide a beautiful appearance, they tend to provide less durability than a high-quality case. Cases using hardwoods, such as oak, and glass football display case shells will last longer and provide greater protection for their contents.
- Assembly: One of the biggest factors that affect the price of most football display case designs is the assembly method. Choosing a handmade model might cost more, however the final product is often sturdier and more visually appealing than mass produced models.
- Customization: Adding personalized plates or custom colors to a football display case can help to create a unique appearance. Engraved plates are ideal for gifts or awards and provide a long-lasting and stunning way to label your collection. Tinted glass or acrylic, team logos and other options provide plenty of ways to set your football, helmets or jerseys apart from the crowd as well.