A washing machine or a washer is designed to help clean laundry with the use of water. Washers have made cleaning easy in various homes, and this is why they have grown in popularity through the years. With many types of washers in the market, it could be a challenge to get the best washer. It is therefore, very important, to conduct a research about the same. Below are some of the top washer brands in the market:
The Samsung Washer
Samsung is one of the top washer brands in the market and is usually equipped with both a washer and a dryer. The Samsung washer is growing in popularity since it uses both water and air to help dissolve the washing detergent. The top Samsung model is the WF894W8N, which is known to be eco-friendly. This washer creates cleansing bubbles that ensure that all the detergent and water penetrates through all your laundry. This model has a process indicator, two display icons; one for door lock display and the other is the fault check display. The quick wash cycle time is 15 minutes. The other popular model is the Samsung WF448AAW.
The LG Washer
The LG washer is another of the top washer brands found in the market. This washer is known for its high performance and is considered to be energy efficient. It is the first washer in the market to use steam washers. One of the top LG model washers is the LG F1443KD, which is good for washing bulk laundry, with the use of minimum water. It also has an allergen cycle that helps remove and reduce dust mites and other allergies as the laundry is being done. This front loader washer is silent and very durable.
The General Electric (GE) washer
The general electric washer is another popular top washer brands known for its simplicity. A popular GE washer is the WISR106DGWW, which has a stainless steel washer basket. It has a HydroWave wash system with variable washing speeds. The washing speeds make it suitable to use on various clothing material. This washer also has a few operating parts which make it easy for a person to operate and maintain.
The Maytag Washer
Another top washer brand is the Maytag washing machine. The Maytag washing machines tend to be inexpensive and usually easy to use. The washer has operation options and also known to be high efficient. Being silent, they can easily be placed in closets and also near the bedrooms. An example of the Maytag washer is the MHWC7500YW a compact washer with versatile installation. This model has eight automatic wash cycles with three sets of temperature settings. Due to its compactness, the washer can be set under a countertop.
The Bosch washer
The fifth of the top washer brands found in the market is the Bosch washing machine, which is popular for its compact washer. One of the top Bosch models is the Front-loading WAE2026AU. This washer usually offers all services that included the extra rinse, starching, spinning and draining. It also has various options that include temperature selection and time delay.
Now that you know the popular brands of washer, make sure that you choose the one that is suitable to your preference and your budget.
Shoppers can choose from different types of washing machines available in appliance centers. These classifications are based on the orientation of opening or the features and technology used. Those who live in a small apartment might want to purchase a compact washer that comes with the ideal size and reliable features. Others opt to buy a portable washer for efficiency and convenience. Read along and learn about the different types of washing machines.
Top Load and Front Load Washers
A top-loading washer comes in two types, which may use the conventional or advanced technology. The conventional top-load washer features a vertical drum used for loading clothes. It also has an agitator in the middle portion of the washer’s interior. On the other hand, the advanced type of top-load washer uses the technology in front loaders. Those who opt for a cheap washer purchase a top-load washing machine because of low maintenance and cost-effective features.
Front loading washing machines come with a horizontal drum without any agitator. Instead of an agitator, gravity allows the tumbling of clothes. Some types of washing machines with front-load style have a wash plate for turning the clothes inside the washer. Most consumers prefer the front load washer because of great efficiency. In addition, these washers are gentle on clothes because there are no agitators.
Features In Various Types of Washing Machines
Portable washing machines are useful to those who live in areas with small floor space. They can use these portable washers in their RV because of easy installation and maintenance.
A portable washer is available in two types such as a single tub or twin tub. A single tub washer may have a wash and rinse feature, while there are also single tubs that spin excess water out of the laundry. Washers with twin tubs have two sections where laundry is washed before it is moved to the other section for rinsing and spinning purposes.
The spin function is an important consideration among those who plan to purchase washers. For the RV or small apartment, a washer with spin functions is ideal, particularly when there are no other washers. However, those who want to purchase another small washer may use the spinning function in the main machine.
Washers may also be fully automatic or semi-automatic, depending on the technology used in these types of washing machines. Those with fully automatic features require users to put the clothes in, and the machine handles the cleaning and drying functions.
A semi-automatic washer requires human control when adding or draining water from the machine. Semi-automatic washers offer the same durability of fully automatic machines because of the high-quality plastic material. There is also a spin-dry option or cycle that allows clothes to dry quicker. Moreover, the agitator has the ideal motion that results to cleaner clothes, as compared to hand-washed laundry.
Before consumers plan to purchase a washing machine, they should consider the functions and features that they need. They will find the ideal appliance for their home after they have compared the various features in many types of washing machines.
There are many advantages to the portable washing machine over the usual washing machines. As the name suggests, these washing machines are obviously smaller and can be transported with ease. This is the reason why the portable washing machine and dryer is becoming common in most every household today.
This machine is especially great for apartments where you have limited space. The typical machine may occupy too much space but the portable washing machine for apartments will reduce the space usage easily.
Apart from that, the portable washing machine offers many other advantages. Here are some of them:
- The biggest advantage of these machines is probably the fact that they are environment friendly. They don’t work on electricity. This also means that you can carry them around when you are travelling. Thus you can save a lot on the electricity bill as well as transport them as and when deemed necessary.
- These machines are actually more affordable than they seem. Many people are under the impression that they are expensive but there are numerous brands and models such as the compact washer that are affordable. You can easily find something that suits your budget.
- These machines are also low on maintenance since they don’t require assembly of parts. They are usually made out of plastic.
- The wash cycle is quite fast and the amount of water and detergent required are also very less. It requires shorter time than usual to wash all your clothes.
- As aforementioned, you can take the portable washing machine with you when you travel. They are especially handy during camping trips, hiking, trekking and road trips where washing clothes can be an issue.
- These compact machines are also quite easy to handle. You can store them wherever you want and use them as and when required. Some machines come with separate inlets for cold and hot water.
- These machines also have the advantage of not staining the clean clothes while washing the dirty ones.
- The size of the portable washing machine may be small but the machine is quite efficient. The capacity is also high. It can wash about 10 clothes together.
If you are doubtful of the machine, you can go through the numerous portable washing machine reviews over the internet. These reviews will give you a clear idea about the pros and cons and whether the machine will suit you well or not.
There is no doubt that the front load washer is getting more and more popular by the day. There are numerous brands coming up with different models and it is up to you to pick the best front load washer among the choices available.
Simply said, a front load washer and dryer is more efficient than its counterparts and the fact that it requires less than half the amount of water is amazing. Moreover, the amount of energy used is less. Along with this, there are other advantages and disadvantages too of the front load washer. If you are planning on buying one, it is important to look through all the pros and cons before making your purchase. Here are some essential information:
- As aforementioned, the front load washer is highly efficient and saves both water and energy. This translates to saving money in the long run. Water may not be very expensive but heating it can cost a lot. Using lesser water thus cuts costs majorly.
- A front load washer spins on a horizontal axis. This means it can wash and dry clothes faster than other washers. The RPM is higher and this allows easy extraction of water from the clothes.
- These washers are also high on capacity. They don’t require an agitator like the other models and that comes very handy. A top loader washing machine has an agitator and constricts washing space. When it comes to a good front load washer like the compact washer, there is easily 40% more room for washing. You can therefore wash blankets, towels, bedding, etc .
- Finally, a front load washer is not harsh on clothes. Its special mechanism makes it gentle on clothes, so you can maximize your clothes’ lifespan.
- The disadvantages: There are little known disadvantages to the front load washer. Here are some of the problems mentioned in the recent front load washer reviews:
- The vibration and movement is higher.
- The clothes may come out wet.
- The washer may pause on its own.
These problems however may be confined only to specific models and thus, checking out the front load washer reviews before making your purchase is ideal. Even if you find it expensive in the start, the money you will save over the years makes it worth purchasing.