There are many types of cologne for men and their only difference is their scents or fragrances. These colognes can either be designers or high street and your choice will depend on your budget. Designer colognes are usually expensive but it gives you best and unique fragrances. There is a variety of cologne for men, such as the popular Usher cologne.
How to Select Cologne for Men
If you are planning to buy the best smelling cologne for men, there are some factors that you should consider.
Know the taste and type that you want to purchase and if you are buying for someone, you should consider his taste and preference. Age is a basic factor in which you should consider or else you might end up buying a cologne that doesn’t suit the person you are buying this for. Best cologne for men is mainly made of musk, sandalwood and rosewood.
You might not be sure of what is the best cologne for young men. Therefore, if you are planning to buy your partner or your son a cologne, it is good to look at their wardrobe in order to know what colognes they like.
You can also buy cologne for men depending on the way he likes to dress, his lifestyle, his hair, clothes shoes and also cars. This will give you in knowing well their personality and your budget will guide you on what to go for.
Always remember that when buying a cologne for men, keep in mind the preferences and likes of the person who will eventually wear this cologne.
There is more to men cologne than just the scent. Not everything that sits on the shelves may fit your needs. This is because there are dozens of scents from different manufacturers, and you might get confused and pick something that does not work for you. Some guys feel that expensive colognes are the best because they promise class, but the ultimate need is getting a scent that is distinct without being overwhelming.
It might be a consolation to have several fragrances that you can exchange depending with the mood you want to create in a day. Some scents of men cologne stay on the body the whole day while others are strong for a few hours which can be quite irritating especially if you want to remain natural without smelling sweaty. How do you arrive at the best cologne for men?
Things to get you started
Factors to Consider in Choosing Men Cologne
1) Where you want to wear it: The occasion controls the mood you create with particular fragrances as well as the type you need.
- For example, events that take place outdoors call for fresh scents that can contain natural fragrances like citrus.
2) Your personality: The scent of the men cologne you choose should accentuate your character. Are you outgoing, introverted, jovial? Choose one that fits you best.
- Check also on whether you wear other fragrances such as deodorant and after shave. Remember, having too many scents can spoil the effect created by men cologne.
How to Test Out Men Cologne
Using such factors, try a few scents in the store instead of purchasing something blindly. At times, when you dab several scents on your wrist, your nostrils may ruin your decision. That is why it is advisable to narrow your search to a few scents of men cologne after checking the range of ingredients. This is because the differences between various men cologne brands lies in the notes. There are three notes:
- Top notes: The fragrance produced at this level stays for a few minutes before it fades. The scents include citrus, orange, peach and red berries.
- Middle notes: The scents stay on for hours and their recipes are a combination of natural and aesthetic components like jasmine, rose, lavender and geranium.
- Base notes: They last for the longest time meaning you have a fresh smelling scent the whole day. The components of such cologne for men include amber, vanilla and musk.
- Chrome cologne is one popular fragrance that was manufactured by the renowned designer Loris Azzaro, who drew inspiration from experiences he had when growing up.
- This blue fragrance suits the evening because it has a fresh scent that suits any man.
- Its notes include the fresh breeze of the sea that fades out to leave a fragrant woody scent that is finally overwhelmed by mandarin and grapefruit base notes.
- This contains a different mix of ingredients that include light scents of black pepper, neroli and bergamont before the smell of cardamom and saffron take over. The base notes of this men cologne are tobacco leaves and amber.
- This mix makes this fragrance suitable for evening occasions.
Top Brands of Men Cologne
Chrome Cologne for Men
Versace Cologne for Men
These days, cologne for men can be found in many specialty stores or shopping malls. With the large selection of brands available, it could be difficult for you to decide on the right cologne. Some tips will be provided in this article to help you choose the best cologne without spending a lot of money.
How to choose the best cologne for men
Ultimately, the cologne that you choose will be influenced by whatever fashion statement you want to make. So, when you have a wide selection of brands to choose from you can always show off different personalities. This means that the best cologne will be the one that will allow you to leave a fresh and lasting impression on others while expressing your personality in a unique way.
1. First, you need to determine the kind of scent that you want. Finding good cologne for men with the highest quality does not mean that you have to spend a fortune. This means that you should always look for cheaper alternatives, even when you are buying the most expensive brands.
2. Contrary to what most people believe, you should know that cologne and perfume is different in some ways. Cologne usually gives a fresh and cool feeling, while a perfume will last much longer because it contains higher concentrations of essential oils. As of such, the best cologne for men is usually a lot more expensive when compared to perfume because the manufacturing process combines alcohol and expensive oils. Some of the mineral oils include:
3. Even if you are paying less to get cologne for men, the main purpose would be to attract the opposite sex. So, it is very important for your cologne to represent your passion and personality. In fact, for this reason alone you might even be prepared to spend a lot of money to get designer colognes like Curveby Liz Claiborn.
For years, young and older men have come to love the scent of Curve cologne. This cologne blends the scent of green leaf, sandalwood and Douglas fir to give a clean fragrance. When you are wearing cologne from this brand, you can expect a scent that is fresh as well as rustic, so it will be ideal for everyday use.
4. When you are shopping for nice cologne and want to know if the brand is available for a much lower price, its best to check the online stores where you can find cheap cologne for men. Most times these items are available on sale and you can also use coupons to get discounts.
So, the next time when you are shopping for men’s cologne you should not be confused by the many brands and scents on the market. To make it much easier for you to find the right cologne for men, its best to do a bit of research and check for various samples before making the final decision.