Once the sporting season is in, it is time for cheerleaders to hit the road with their teams to perform at their games. As a cheerleader, you will have to carry your uniforms, equipment and personal items for both away and home games. Carrying all those things require a bag that is strong enough to bear the constant strain of continuous movements. You can carry all your belongings wherever you go, while at the same time showing your spirit, with cheer bags. With so many styles and designs to choose from such as zebra cheer bags, every cheerleader would have the perfect option. However, choosing the perfect bag for your particular circumstances could be a problem.
When choosing a cheer bag, consider how you are going to use it and the things that you will be carrying frequently. Are you going to carry your skirt and shell only? Or maybe it will just be your poms and shoes. If so, you only need to bring a backpack, garment bag or pom bag. If you will be carrying a change of clothes, your entire uniform and other accessories, you should use cheer duffle bags.
If you will be carrying your things to a cheerleading practice, perhaps a simple stock bag will do. However, if you will be going to games or competitions, the more complex duffel cheer bag would be better.
Cheer bags come in many styles so you may need to consider a lot of factors, most of them depending on your personal taste and preference. Here are some of your options:
- Duffle Cheer bags – duffle bags come with carrying handles and shoulder straps so they are more convenient for heavy loads. The bags have zipper closure for easy access to your things.
- Backpacks – with flap, drawstring or zipper closure, the backpack is worn over the shoulders so it easy on the back. You could use it for carrying heavy items although it cannot accommodate as much as a duffel bag.
- Sling Cheer Bags – this design is similar to the backpack except that it is carried over one shoulder only.
- Tote Bags – a simple bag incorporated with carrying straps. It has zipper closure or no closure at all.
- Pom Bags – these bags are made for carrying a set of poms. They are usually made with shoulder straps and drawstring closure.
- Garment Bags – these are hanging bags that are mainly used for cheerleading uniforms, to prevent them from being creased and soiled.
If you want to highlight your individualism, you can choose personalized cheer bags instead. However, no matter what style you choose, always take the features of the cheer bag into consideration. If you will be carrying keys, cellphone or water bottle, inner and outer pockets could be necessary. The strength of the straps should be considered as well. Other considerations for cheer bags include a removable inner bag, detachable shoulder strap and an ID tag. No matter what design you prefer, make sure that it is in your team colors.