Every mother would agree to the idea of having a baby seat. A baby chair is vital because it houses your child when you are not available to hold it. It allows you to move about in a park with the baby when you are out with your family for a ride. Online as well as in journals you will find different reactions of different people to baby seats. This baby seats review highlights some brands of baby seats that have been in use for a long time now. This will also point out some important points to consider when buying a baby seat for your child.
Brands of Baby Seats
- Bumbo Seat – This is an exceptional chair designed for a newborn. Many mothers in their baby seats review declare that the Bumbo seat is a child’s companion. It can hold any child with tender muscles as long as its head and neck are strong. As the baby spends time on a Bumbo seat, it benefits as its backbone gets to develop faster.
- Zuzu brand – a mother in her baby seats review claimed that the Zuzu brand is so durable that it can serve all your children from the firstborn to the third born. The seat is priced at around $180.
- Zeek model – Just like the Bumbo seat, the Zeek model is secure for any child and is comfortable. It has been baptized as the “mother’s choice” in one baby seats review online.
- Maxi-cosi model – This seat is used mostly in cars. In their reviews, mothers who have used it prefer it to other seats as it is easier to install.
Key Factors of Quality Baby Seats
On an important note, it always helps to test the baby seat before purchasing it. While shopping for baby seats, consider the following:
- The safety of your baby is paramount. Buy a baby seat that is secure. It should be made up of materials that are not toxic to the skin of the baby. In this case, polyurethane material is the best. It has no latex material that may stretch as the baby grows up.
- Also based on the material of the seat, it should be the kind that soothes the baby. Look for a seat that is made up of soft fabric. On the same note, the chair should be useful all the time, that is, when the baby is feeding, it should allow the child to interact with the surrounding people and it must permit the caretaker to transport the baby from one place to another.
Reading a baby seats review prior to buying a baby seat could help you select the right seat for your child. Many of these evaluations are available for reading online and they are mostly written by mothers. As the saying goes, mothers know best, so their assessments will truly help other moms, especially the new ones.
The body of your baby is small and fragile. It can never fit well in the seat you use and can easily slip off or feel uncomfortable. This justifies the need for you to buy a Bumbo seat, a special chair designed for infants. Ever since the civilization of man, there has not been a good chair for a child as this one. If you are not in a position to purchase this type, there are other best brands for baby seats in the market today. The key characteristics for the best baby seat include the following:
- The best brands for baby seats contain a place for keeping the baby’s toys. Your child requires playthings around so as to remain calm as you carry on with your errands. It should be somewhere in the front or at the sides and not at the back of the chair so that the baby can easily reach and get hold of the toys.
- The best baby seat should be portable. This is to make it easy for you to move the baby from one place to another. Most baby seats have wheels and a place to hold and push when moving the baby.
- Some best brands for baby seats have a place to lay the baby when it falls asleep. This is important as a child should not be woken up when it falls asleep.
Having known the main features of a good baby seat, you need to be familiar with different brands of baby seats available. Here are the most common baby seats:
- Basket – This brand is preferred among others as the products are low in height and has wheels at every end to give the baby support at the center. The seat is made up of locally available and environment-friendly materials such as reeds.
- Booster – These baby seats contain a back line that is higher than that of the Basket brand. This brand is best for use in cars although they can be used even at home.
- Stroller – It comprises of other common baby seat types. If you constantly travel with your baby, the stroller baby seats are the most convenient for you.
As a parent, you should be aware of the key features of the best baby seats. This will help you shop for a suitable baby seat for your child. Go for the best brands for baby seats such as the Bumbo seat so that your baby’s safety is assured.
A Bumbo baby seat is made of durable foam with designed to support babies in a sitting position. These seats have great reception from mothers who are training their toddlers how to sit properly and support themselves. A bumbo seat has a circular base which has a hole in the middle with two leg opening and a raised back to support your baby. Comparing them with other types of baby seats available, these seats are very light, solid and easily movable. They come in a wide range and variety of colors.
More about Bumbo Baby Seat
A Bumbo baby seat has some features that make it convenient for any mother to invest in. Below are some of these features;
- It supports your baby hence helping it learn how to sit in an upright sitting position.
- It is made of lightweight material that is generally soft for your baby’s bottom. Its light weight makes it easy to move.
- It is completely harmless to your baby as it has been thoroughly tested for harmful chemicals.
- This seat is easy to clean and long lasting, making it hygienic enough for your child. It is also durable to be used by another baby after some years, given proper storage.
A bumbo baby seat with tray is one variation of the bumbo seat that transforms the chair into a practical one that they can use for playing, and maybe even eating. All you need to do is attach its front panel to the seat and ensure that it is capable of holding your baby’s toys. You can also get a bumbo toilet trainer, which helps in your baby’s potty training. There is a bumbo table companion that acts as a high chair, putting your baby at table level during feeding time.
A bumbo baby seat compared to other types of baby chairs is convenient as it offers safety to your baby by placing them at near ground level. Bumbo baby seat designs are considerate of a baby’s tender muscles and helps prevent injuries. This is because it ensures that your baby’s lumbar joint is well supported while seating on a bumbo baby sitter seat.
Greatest advantage of this seat over other types of seats is that a bumbo seat has no straps that limit your child’s play. When purchasing a cheap bumbo baby seat, ensure you are also provided with user instruction manual, which should be followed well to ensure proper development of your baby’s safety.
A Bumbo chair is a seat used to help children of ages 3 to 14 months seat upright. This helps in teaching your child on how to support themselves sitting up on their own. But the purpose of the Bumbo Chair goes beyond that, especially that other functions and other variations have been introduced to the market.
Questions have risen about its safety and the best way to assure you is to be well informed. One of the first things you should need to know about the baby chair Bumbo is that it is made of molded foam. This foam is of varying colors. It is circular in shape, has a hollow center where the child is seated and hollow spaces for the legs in front.
Advantages and Disadvantages of Using Bumbo Chair
As good as a Bumbo baby chair can be, there are a number of advantages and disadvantages that every parent needs to consider while purchasing and using one.
- A Bumbo chair is convenient to train your child how to seat upright and support himself/herself on her own.
- Can be fitted with a play tray, a Bumbo chair with tray is safer and allows your child a place to play on.
- It is easily movable as it is made of lightweight material; low density foam is soft and comfortable enough for your baby; light for portability and generally harmless. This chair has been tested enough to ensure no chemicals are present to cause any health risks.
- Durability is another advantage of a Bumbo seat. They last long enough that you can use one for all your babies.
- It is easy to clean thus maintaining a high level of hygiene is not difficult. A Bumbo seat is made of water resistant surface making it easy to clean and less likely to get permanent stains.
- One disadvantage of using a Bumbo chair is that you cannot just place it anywhere as ground levels are highly advised and should be flat. Failure to do this might result in putting your child in danger of falling from a Bumbo chair. There also needs to be an attendant to keep an eye on your baby.
A Bumbo chair has other disadvantages with one being the fact that it lacks enough support at the back. A lot of parents also complain of that the chairs are a little overpriced. Whether you choose to get one of these chairs or not, it will always be about what is best for your baby.
The cute little Bumbo seat has received favorable remarks and acceptance from moms who are trying to teach their toddlers in sitting upright and to improve their posture, locomotive and muscle functions. It is a special seat solely designed for babies made out of light materials that provide comfort, are attractive and adherent to its purpose. Describing its design, the baby Bumbo seat is circular in nature featuring a hollow center, two-leg rests or openings, and a slightly raised back panel for support. It is very light, compact, and portable, there are also color distinctions appropriate for the male and female babies.
The Seat’s Best Features
Among the features and uses of the Bumbo seat that parents have loved include one or a combination of the following.
- Ergonomically designed to teach the baby to sit up straight. The manner the seat is designed attracts or provides the best way to teach a child to sit upright. It features contours that fit or only suitable for babies. According to experts, babies are imitative during their early stages of learning. Thus, whenever they see their parents walking, dancing, sitting, or performing any other act, they would try to imitate and learn from it. And the best tool to aid for this purpose is the seat designed by Bumbo.
- Made of lightweight foam material. The Bumbo baby seat is made out of low-density foam that is light, soft, and generally harmless. This feature primarily benefits the baby by providing a comfortable seating experience and elimination of certain chemical or health risks due to the absence of toxic or harmful chemicals that are otherwise present in plastic and other chair materials. The lightweight feature also makes the seat easy to carry, move, and to store.
- The seat is durable, hygienic, and easy to clean. Although it is merely made out of soft foam, it is durable. The soft and water-or stain-resistant surface makes it easy to clean, sanitize, and disinfect.
Bumbo Seat Options and Accessories
Aside from color options, seats offered by Bumbo for babies have alternatives, complementary options and accessories to fully extend the seat’s uses or applications.
- The Bumbo Play Tray. To transform the ordinary seat into a playing set or Bumbo seat with tray, you will have to complement it with the Bumbo play tray. The tray is attached unto the front panel of the seat and is capable of holding baby’s toys and other items. It may also be used during feeding time.
- The Bumbo Toilet Trainer. As the name implies, this type of Bumbo seat is primarily used to teach or familiarize the baby to use the toilet. This type of seat is more flat compared to the main baby seat, but can be attached or placed on top of the toilet seat.
- The Bumbo Table Companion. The table companion is only a complementary high chair that would secure the seat and raise the baby to a dining table’s level while the family is having their meal or during baby’s feeding time.
- There are also options for a mobile stroller and choices of seat covers.
Risks, Hazards, and Concerns with Bumbo Seat
If there are beneficial features and pros in using the seat, several parents also have observed certain risks associated with it. These include the risk for the baby to tip off backwards due to the insufficient back support or the very soft foam material, the seat can only be used for a certain period of time which is usually until the baby learns to sit on his or her own, and that some moms complain on the seat’s price. Now it is up to you to weigh and decide whether you want a Bumbo seat for your baby or not.