Emergency preparedness is one of the essentials we should be planning ahead because disasters and crisis can strike us anytime. If you will be out camping, certain measures of security must be considered. At first, you will be wondering, “What are the best survival foods that I should be buying?”, well that’s just fine. If you are asking this question, then this article will give you tips and the list of survival foods that you should be preparing to be able to survive even during the toughest situation.
BEST SURVIVAL FOODS LIST
1. Freeze Dried Foods
These are the foods that are quality, best-tasting, nutritious, and long-lasting. They usually come in number 10 cans or foil packs and light enough for you to carry practically just anywhere. These survival foods went into freezing process after cooking in order for them to last long.
- One food item that you should consider buying is the Mountain House cans. Today, it is the number one brand on freeze dried foods perfect not only during trying times, but also for camping, hiking, and hunting. It is well-known for having the best taste as compared to other brands.
- Open Mountain House cans and eat your favorite dishes anytime, anywhere, without having spend much time in preparation.
- Also consider buying these survival foods wholesale so that you won’t have to worry about your food supply because they will feed your family for months.
2. Dehydrated Foods
Even though these survival foods are known to have a shorter lifespan than freeze dried goods, they still are a good option for storing survival foods at home. Through the use of a dehydrator, the water content from these foods has been removed for preservation purposes. Dehydrated foods are available in forms of fruits, vegetables, pasta, grain, sugar and meat substitutes.
- One good thing about dehydrated foods is that they have a lifespan of 5 to 25 years. Because of this, you won’t have to worry about their expirations and food loss which will push you to buy new products again and again.
- Dehydrated foods are cheap and easy to prepare survival foods. Some of these can be eaten instantly just by adding water.
- Easy to carry and lightweight, buying these is perfect to survive in any kind of situations.
3. Meals Ready to Eat (MRE’s)
Originally made for military people, these foods are high in calories, rich in nutritious content, and complete meals that you can take anywhere. Oftentimes, MREs include an entree, desserts, snacks, dish, a flameless heater, utensils, condiments, and table napkins. This makes these survival foods easier and more convenient to carry whether you are out in the field or simply doing an extreme outdoor exercise.
- MREs can last for about 3 to 5 years, and give different amounts of calories depending on the type of food you eat.
- They are available for orders on supplies enough for a month or even for a year.
4. Basic Essentials
Buying basic essentials to complete your survival foods list can also be a good idea.
- You can either store sugar, salt, flour, baking soda, wheat, and others. The good thing about storing these items is that they offer flexibility in food preparation.