Shrimp cocktail sauce recipe is something that every woman wants to get her hands on. It is a great cocktail sauce dish and is perfect for family occasions. Most of us had this delicacy in restaurants and thought what a great dish it is and only a master chef can make this. But when you learn the recipe for the cocktail sauce for shrimp you realize that it is not that difficult to make. You can easily make it at home and serve your friends and family with a mouth watering delicacy.
The best thing about this shrimp cocktail sauce recipe is that it can be made at a very short notice. If your in-laws call you and tell you they are coming for dinner in a few hours then this is the best dish to make. The ingredients are few, the instructions easy and it can be prepared very quickly. You do not have to make any special arrangements for the recipe for cocktail sauce for shrimp.
Easy Shrimp Cocktail Sauce Recipe
Here is an easy cocktail sauce recipe that would give you clear instructions on how to make the shrimp cocktail sauce at home. Follow the instructions and you will have this wonder dish ready. It would really be finger licking good. Here is a recipe for shrimp cocktail sauce. It is ideal for six servings and takes 13 mins to be ready, 10 mins for preparing and 3 mins for cooking.
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Lemon
- Two pounds shrimp(in shell), about 2 pounds in weight(30 in number)
- Half cup tomato ketchup
- half cup chilli sauce(green)
- 3 tablespoon of horseraddish(prepared)
- Fresh lemon juice of about 2 teaspoons
- Half teaspoon of Worcestershire Sauce
- Quarter teaspoon of hot Tabasco sauce
These instructions are the secret to making the best shrimp cocktail sauce recipe. Follow these easy steps and you will be the proud cook of the most delicious shrimp cocktail sauce delicacy you have ever tasted.
The instructions are as follows:
1) Take a decently large pot and add water to it. Now add salt according to your taste in the water. Prepare a salty water solution and boil it.
2) Now cut a lemon in half and add it to the pot of boiling hot salty water.
3) Now it is time to add the shrimp. Add the shrimp and cook it uncovered for 3 mins only. Your main aim is to get the shrimps cooked through and through.
4) Once cooked remove the shrimps with the help of a spoon and place them into a bowl of cold water.
5) When the shrimps are cold enough, it is time to peel them. Also you have keep them cold until it is time to serve.
6) Now to prepare the cocktail sauce by mixing all the sauces mentioned in the ingredients. Combine the ketchup, chilli sauce, lemon juice, horseradish, Worcestershire sauce and the hot sauce. The cocktail sauce is ready.
7) Dip the shrimps into the cocktail sauce and garnish according to your taste if you want. Your very own shrimp cocktail sauce recipe is prepared and ready to serve.
You can serve in a round crystal bowl with the shrimps hanging on the round edge of the bowl and dipping heavenly into the cocktail sauce.