DC shirts are an offshoot of the skateboard shoes that were made famous by DC Shoe Company founders Ken Block and Damon Way in 1993. The company first started offering shoes for skateboarders before venturing into offering a clothing line and accessories line. DC was first known as a brand that offered durable shoes that are great for handling the stress and the wear-and-tear of skateboarding. The shoes became so famous that they ventured into other products such as DC shirts, tees, DC board shorts, DC bags, and other apparel and accessories.
The Different Style of DC Shirts
There are different styles of DC shirts. There are long sleeved DC shirts for men, short sleeved shirts, plaid hoodies and plain DC T shirts. Here are the examples of the different DC shirts:
Plain men’s DC long sleeved shirts
- Men’s Derby long sleeved shirts. This shirt is made from cotton poly yarn dye stripe and available in blue, indigo and black. Shirts under this DC shirts model have two breast pockets.
- Men’s Reuppd long sleeved shirts. This shirt is available in two colors: black and white. It is made from cotton and has a single breast pocket with a DC logo embroidered on it.
Men’s DC T Shirts
- Men’s Star Standard T Shirt. A classic shirt made for casual wear. This is a standard fit cotton shirt available in a multitude of colors with a big DC logo on the chest.
- Men’s Stash Pocket T Shirt. This plain colored shirt is available in five colors: dark denim, black, white, DC navy, and Port Royal. A small pocket adorns the left side of the chest.
- Men’s UV T Shirt. These are DC shirts for boys who like a little science on their tees. This standard fit shirt has a UV-sensitive front print that changes color under the sun. It comes in three variants: Glacier, Get Up, and Lion’s Pride. They all have a tagless neck to avoid that unnecessary itch at the nape.
- Men’s Steelson NVRBRKN. Crew Sweatshirt. A plain black or heather grey shirt made of 100% cotton with an army fatigue NVRBRKN logo on the front.
- Men’s Rob Dyrdek DCSC Pullover Hoodie. A hoodie that is part of the Rob Dyrdek and Teamworks Collections. This is a hooded sweatshirt made of cotton and polyester and is available in a bright red color. A DC logo is printed on the front.
Ken Block and Danny Way Collections
- Ken Block apparel. Part of the Gym 4 Collection, these shirts are made of cotton and organic cotton blend and available in three designs: Tire, Splatter Logo, and Bricks.
- Danny Way apparel. This apparel has three shirts for the limited edition Waiting for Lightning tee series. Icon and Legacy commemorates Danny Way’s jump over the Great Wall of China while Saga features his most memorable skateboarding photos.
Other DC Apparel and Accessories
It is not only the DC shirts that are included in DC Apparel line. There is also DC board shorts, fleece and knits, pants, and jackets. These are available in cuts fit to men, women, youth and kids.
Aside from the apparels there are also backpacks and travel bags, beanies, caps, belts, key chains, socks, boxers, wallets, and stickers.
Styling Tips for DC Shirts
DC shirts are mostly for casual wear and are easy to pair with some casual shoes and jeans. These shirts create style on their own but if you are boggled, here are some ways to pair up your DC shirts with your existing wardrobe.
- The long sleeved shirts can be worn over a plain white shirt along with khaki pants and a pair of DC Stock shoes for the hip skater.
- You can wear DC T shirts with chinos and a pair of DC Pure shoes and you will go skating in style.
DC Shirts have come a long way since their debut in 1993 with the Standard Star shirt. They are now available in a variety of designs that consumers can choose from. The good thing about these shirts is that they are not restricted to skaters—anyone can wear DC shirts as long as they love it.