Making your own fashionable DIY cowgirl costume at home for a Halloween or a western theme party can be very simple and interesting especially if you passion to do it. Making your own costume allows you to come up with a very unique and elegant style that makes you to stand out from your peers.
Creating a DIY Costume
Before you begin creating your own DIY cowgirl costume, you should first of all ensure that you are having the following vital requirements:
- Beaded earrings
- Rugged or old jeans
- White strong button-up shirt
- Skinny denim jeans
- Pair of scissors
- Turquoise necklace
- Fabric paints of different colors
- Leather Belt that has a strong Buckle
- Cowboy Boots
- Cowgirl hat
Once you have ensured that you have all the necessary items, you can use the following smart steps as a guide to help you in creating a very nice DIY Cowgirl Costume for yourself.
Steps in Making Your Own Cowgirl Costume
- Using a pair of scissors, cut the rugged or old jeans into separate pieces. The pieces should be of different lengths and sizes.
- Use the glue to stick pieces of cut jeans on different areas of your skinny denim jeans, especially on the front part. Then put on the patched jeans. Hold the jeans firmly around your waist with the cowboy belt.
- In order for you to add more beauty to your shirt, select a fabric paint of your favorite color. You can choose a brilliant color such as yellow, red or orange. Do not choose dull colors as they will spoil your looks. After getting the right fabric paint, use it to paint different parts of your shirt, especially the collar, cuffs and pocket.
- Put on the latest classic cowboy boots that will provide you with a great cowgirl look.
- Wear your white strong button-up shirt tie it around your waist instead of tucking it. If you really want to look sexier, hike it up a little bit higher in order to expose your midriff. After that, take a beautifully decorated bandana and tie it around your neck
- Accessorize your costume. Wear your best earrings and necklace. The turquoise necklace is the best as it adds you extraordinary beauty. For the earrings, you can choose the modern earrings that have feathers on them or the beaded ones.
- Work on your hair. For a perfect cowgirl look, put your short or long hair in nice pig tails. You can tie them with another beautiful bandana.
- Adorn your head with a trendy cowgirl hat. With the cowgirl hat on, ensure that the pig tails are peaking out slightly just below the hat.
Wearing the trendiest cowgirl hat allows you to have a completely fabulous DIY cowgirl costume. The hat gives you the look that many girls desire to have, and since it is custom made at the comfort of your homes you can be assured that you are unique. You might inspire other people with your own creative ideas.