Are you are aware that there are natural deodorant ingredients that you can use to make your own skin care products? When you make your own deodorants this will not only be better for your skin, but will also help you to spend less and protect the natural environment.
Unlike the other deodorants that will clog your pores, these products will naturally control perspiration. Basically, the best natural deodorant could be the one that you eat to enhance your scent or one that you can use externally to mask body odor.
Basic Natural Ingredients in Making Deodorants
Here are some of the natural ingredients that you can use to make your own deodorant:
- Sage oil: You can buy this as pure essential oil or a mixture with ingredients such as coconut oil or baking soda. This ingredient will counteract any odor and leave you with a fresh smell.
- Baking soda: There is no doubt that you have used baking soda as a cleaning agent and to deodorize rooms. Well, it’s also an effective deodorizer for your body as it works to neutralize odors. You can mix your favorite natural deodorant with baking soda to get a pleasant scent.
- Lemon and orange peel: You can blend these together to form a powder that will give you a fruity deodorizer to apply underarm.
These are just some of the low maintenance deodorizers that you can make at home. You can find two easy recipes below if you want to experiment with natural deodorant ingredients at home:
Basic Recipes for Making Homemade Deodorants
- Violet flowers in powdered form (1 ounce)
- Violet oil (4 drops)
- Unscented talcum powder (2 ounce)
- Bitter almond (2 drops)
- Orris root powder (1 ounce)
- Pour the almond oil and violet oil onto the powdered flowers inside a container.
- After that, shake all the ingredients together and then add the Orris root.
- Shake again and then add the other ingredient which is the talcum powder.
- Once all the ingredients are combined, shake thoroughly and then use a fine sieve to sift.
Storage: You can store your homemade powder in an airtight container to use as a light scented deodorant. Note that this is ideal for women.
- coconut oil (5 tbsp)
- baking soda (1/4 to 3/8 cup)
- arrowroot or cornstarch powder (1/4 to 3/8 cup)
- your choice of essential oil
- Combine all the ingredients along with the essential oil if necessary.
- Mix until it forms a paste.
- You can now apply underarm just like you would use any deodorant.
Now that you know easy it is to make your own deodorant, you can experiment with some of the natural ingredients until you get the best natural deodorant. In the end, you will start to reap the benefits of using natural deodorants.