Nowadays, more and more people have their ears pierced as part of enhancing the beauty. You always want your earrings to look shiny. It always feels great when wearing the earrings, but a lot of people have no clue on how to clean earrings. Below are several tips on how to do it.
General Tips on How To Clean Earrings At Home
- You will require a bottle of peroxide, a small bathroom cup, plastic preferably and a few toothpicks. Put some peroxide in the cup and put your earring in the pool of peroxide. Leave the earrings to soak in the chemical for at least ten minutes. This is important so that dirt in the earring and debris that had built up to loosen and boil off.
- After at least ten minutes, remove the earrings from the peroxide and place them on a small towel. Most of the time, not all the dirt and debris are completely removed therefore, you need to take a toothpick and remove the remaining dirt and debris between the cracks or crevices of the earrings.
- Once this is done, you now have to leave the earrings in the open until they are completely dry and you can keep them in your jewelry box. These are just basic steps on how to clean earrings generally. However, your white gold hoop earrings need special care when cleaning them.
How to Clean White Gold Hoop Earrings
In order to keep that sparkle in your white gold hoop earrings, it is important that you try as much as possible to clean them on a monthly basis. White gold is normally plated with Rhodium, which is a hard and durable silver white metal and can be polished to a very high shine. It can last on your earrings for a lifetime if the correct measures are taken to care for the earrings.
As much as gold is long lasting, it is still a metal like others, and it can get scratches and dents. It is important that you take it to a jeweler to have it cleaned for a minimum cost. This does not mean that you cannot clean these type or earring at home. You don’t have to keep running to the jeweler each time you think your earrings need cleaning. You can follow these simple steps on how to clean earrings and your hoop earrings will regain their sparkle.
- Liquid Dish Detergent
- Measuring Spoons
- Small Bowl
- Clean Old Toothbrush
- Lint-free Cloth
- Mix one teaspoon of detergent with 3 teaspoons of water in the bowl.
- Use the old brush to scrub the white gold earrings. Pay special attention to the stones by scrubbing around them for longer. After doing this for some time, remove them from the water.
- Pour out the dirty water and once again mix the appropriate amounts of detergent and water as earlier and leave the earrings to soak in this water overnight.
- Remove the earrings from the solution and rinse them in warm water.
- With the use of the lint-free cloth, dry and buff the earrings.
When you follow the above simple instructions on how to clean your earrings, you will have them looking as good as new.