If you own a LCD TV, you need to learn how to clean your LCD or LED or LED TV in a professional manner in order to leap maximum benefits that comes with it. Failure to do so will most definitely result in either shortening of its lifespan or breakage. Today, most manuals for tech items do not come with a “how to clean” section. But these equipments require maintenance in order to maintain a top notch performance.
Fortunately, there are various options that you can go for. To begin with, there are certain things owners need to know in order to get the job done without harming yourself and damaging the appliance. Cleaning electronics is not easy and can be very dangerous. There’s only a few ways on how to clean your LCD or LED TV and that is doing it safely.
First, it is important to understand what an LCD or LED TV is. An LCD or LED SANYO TV for example is quite different compared to its CRT equivalent. In contrast to the CRT model which has a glass screen, an LCD TV performs through megapixels. Pixels can be explained as microscopic dots that display the colors of the images that human eye can see. These megapixels are very sensitive and can be easily damaged if mishandled.
The following are basic guidelines to help you learn how you can clean your LCD TV:
- The first thing you should have is a ultra-soft microfiber cloth for cleaning. These are cloth specially designed for use on extremely delicate surfaces such as that of your TV. The cloth is commonly used for cleaning optical equipment like sunglasses and lenses.
- Do NOT apply to much pressure when cleaning. Wiping with excessive pressure can damage the pixels in your LCD TV which can lead to image distortion and damage to the pixels.
- Do NOT use a wet cloth. Should the need arise; only dampen your cloth with a little amount of water. There are LCD TVs cleaning sprays which are available in the market. These sprays strongly recommended as compared to using water.
Indeed, maintaining a LCD or LED TV properly is not as difficult as it may seem to some people. The dos and don’ts above are the foundations that customers need for performing the task of cleaning their TV.
Recommended steps when cleaning your LCD TV:
- Turn the television off before cleaning to avoid electrocution. Unplug the appliance as well. Your safety always comes first.
- Make sure you are not grounded as well. Appliances can carry a charge for days even if it’s unplugged. Wearing a footwear will further ensure your safety.
- Now you can start cleaning. Gently wipe the screen with light pressure using the microfiber cloth using two fingers.
- For smudges that cannot be easily wiped off, dampen the cloth with a small amount of water or use a cleaning spray.
- Dry the screen surface by wiping it using another microfiber cloth.
- To clean the exhaust openings at the back of the TV, simply get an air blower and blow air through the holes until you are satisfied that dusts are all out.
Keep in mind that a brand might be durable but it can go further with proper care. Dust accumulation will not only decrease visual experience, it will also make the appliance heat up faster during use. Cleaning will not only ensure the appliance will live longer, it will also ensure you get the most out of your LCD or LED TV.