Glass has been in use for quite a long time. It has been used to make items used in homes and industrial and commercial spaces. They have also been used as fine and delicate decors.
Glass tiles are amongst the many beautiful applications of this material. When used well as part of your home interiors, the result is always a combination of classy and elegant. Examples of these are glass mosaic tiles. There are other types of the same tiles depending on designs.
Where Glass Tiles can be Used
Glass tiles can be used in a number of places around the house; the most common is the kitchen. They are used to add design to an otherwise bare kitchen countertop. Among the reasons why they are such a hit among homeowners and interior decorators and even architects is the fact that they come in a variety of colors, textures, and designs. Clear glass tiles are and popular example.
Bathrooms can also be installed with shower tiles as they add beauty and keep them clean. Best colors to use are blue, green or aqua for bathroom tiles. You can get shower tile ideas by reading magazines on interior design. One can as well use tiles for a mosaic art on walls as they are vibrant and shiny; not to mention, the designs are as unique as you are creative. An advantage of using glass mosaic tiles is they reflect light, giving your bathroom a brighter, livelier vibe.
Glass tiles are beneficial when used in homes; but as with anything else, there are pros and cons that go with it. It is just up to you if they are to your liking.
- People suffering allergies, asthma and other sensitivities are safer with these tiles; they do not allow mold, mildew or bacteria to grow. Therefore installing this around damp areas like baths, kitchen counters and back splashes is a wise idea.
- These tiles are easy to clean as they do not require the use of harsh cleaning agents.
- Their ability to reflect light makes a room brighter and looking more spacious.
- They have low maintenance as you only need to clean them with window cleaner and their shine is restored instantly.
- Water resistance is another great advantage as it helps glass tiles not to stain over time unlike other types of tiles. They are also good for places with high temperatures as they can withstand heat.
- One disadvantage of glass subway tiles, as with other tile, is that they are not easy to install and you would need a professional to handle and fix them for you which, in turn, will cost you some extra cash for services rendered.
To broaden ideas on glass tile designs for your home, you can always consult the advice of a professional interior decorator. You can also search for ideas online and on magazines, but make sure that your bathroom design ideas match your overall home interiors.