Studies have been done numerous times to find out fish oil benefits. Research has come back positive on the many different properties of fish oil.
Fish Oil Benefits
Here are some of the fish oil benefits that can lead to a healthy mind and body.
- Fish oil contains omega-3 fatty acids are known to regulate inflammation cycle. This relieves and prevents conditions like painful arthritis. It breaks down clots which would be fatal since they cause strokes and heart attacks. Omega-3 is also known to lower cholesterol and blood pressure. Cholesterol is harmful to the heart and blood vessels.
- It is well documented that benefits of fish oil supplements include the improvement of memory, focus, faster recall and reasoning in adults. As for babies, they give them better brain function and high intelligence.
- Research from psychiatry shows that fish oil eases symptoms of depression and psychosis. This is one of the major fish oil benefits.
- Benefits of fish oil pills are immense when used by people suffering with ADD and ADHD as they improve their quality of life.
- Other health benefits of fish oil include reduction of colon, breast and prostate cancer by inhibiting unwanted cellular growth or death as well as stops adaptation of healthy cells to cancerous masses.
These are just among the benefits of fish oil. Fish oil also has good effects on the skin, eyes and on pregnant women.
Weight Loss as Part of Fish Oil Benefits
Many people suffer weight issues due to lack of knowledge on how to handle it. Science has realized that a relationship exists between fish oil and weight loss. For one to gain weight, it means that you need to consume meals containing saturated fats. These fats are found in butter, cheese, palm and cotton seed oil and cooking oils. They cause LDL cholesterol go high which in turn increases risks of cardiovascular disease.
Here are ways on how fish oil helps in losing fats.
- Fish oil contains good fats, which help in lowering bad cholesterol in your body.
- It contains dimethylaminoethanol (DMAE) which prevents the formation of fat cells.
- Fish oil helps in burning fats by lowering insulin levels, metabolizing fats and using them as energy. Insulin inhibits cells from using fats as fuel and triggers enzymes to convert carbohydrates to fats which in turn are stored for future use by the body.
- Fish oil inhibits the urge to eat frequently thus reducing the overall consumption of food.
With this information, it is evident that weight loss is one of the major fish oil benefits that people who want to stay fit and slim can enjoy. One thing to note that using fish oil alone will not make you lose weight. You need to reduce consumption of processed foods and fast foods that contain saturated fats. Have your fish oil supplement and stay healthy both in mind and body.