Being that more and more landscapes now features water features, there will be a need for a pump. However, instead of simply circulating the water, it would make it much more enjoyable to turn that water features into a fountain, this is where the solar fountain pump will come in handy. The nice thing about having a solar powered fountain pump is that you won’t have to run electricity to the pump and it will cost less in the long run.
Since a solar water fountain pump only needs sunlight to operate, you can easily set it up in a matter of minutes. This is not the case for an electric water fountain pump, these require running a conduit to the fountain in order to get the electricity that the fountain needs. There are many benefits to a solar fountain pump and that is why many people resort to using them as opposed to any other type of pump.
Features Of Solar Fountain Pumps
- No Battery Required – The first features of a solar fountain pump is that you don’t need a battery if you don’t want one. When something is solar powered it means that it will run directly off the solar panel, the batteries only purpose is to hold the excess energy in order to be used at a later time.
- Easy To Maintain – Being that you don’t have to turn on the pump, it won’t take much to maintain it. All you have to do is clean the solar panel and water fountain pump every so often in order to ensure a prolonged life span.
- Economical – Running a fountain off of pure solar power is a great thing to do. It doesn’t only save you money on electric bills in the long-run, you can also buy a solar fountain pump with battery so that you can run it at night as well. The reason you need a battery to run the solar fountain pump at night is because the lack of sunlight will mean the pump won’t have enough power to operate. The purpose of the battery is to hold the excess energy throughout the day in order to power the solar fountain pump throughout the night.
As you can see, there are many features to owning a solar fountain pump and there are many advantages of owning this pump over any other ones on the market.
Advantages Of Solar Fountain Pumps
- Better For The Environment – You probably already know this, however, a solar fountain pump is better for the environment than electrical pumps are.
- Cheaper Long Term – Since you are not running the pump from an electrical outlet, it won’t cost you anything other than the cost of the solar fountain pump and the solar panel. In the long term this will be a much cheaper option for you.
- Self Sufficient – One thing that people like about a solar fountain pump is that once the sun comes out, the pump will turn on. This is great for people that don’t like to add more on their list of things to do during the day. Having something this self sufficient will make your life a lot easier, not to mention it will be very relaxing for you.
If you want something to power your water fountain, then a solar fountain pump is exactly what you need. If you still don’t believe that this is the best thing for you, then head to your local hardware store and see how many people recommend solar fountain pumps over their electrical counterparts.