During the winter season, you are always in danger of getting frost bites. It is, therefore, very important that you are familiar with winter frostbite remedy techniques.
Why You Get Frost Bites
During the cold season, the skin is exposed to extremely cold temperatures and as a result the tissues freeze. The most vulnerable parts are the nose, ears, toes and fingers. The first step to fighting frost bites is by prevention.
Winter Frostbite Remedy – Tips On How To Prevent Frost Bite
- It is advisable to wear appropriate garments for this season. There are fabrics that are specially used to make clothes to be worn during the winter season. It is advisable to wear clothes that retain the body heat inside and at the same time allow ventilation.
- You should always ensure that your head, face and neck are properly covered. Hats, helmets, hoods and gaiters are some of the things that can come in handy.
- Always wear gloves or mittens. Underneath these make a point of wearing light weight linen which acts a protective gear when you remove the gloves of mittens.
- When you are out skiing or snowboarding, always ensure that your boots are not too tight.
- Make appoint of keeping your skin dry. You can change clothes if the ones you are wearing become wet.
- Avoid smoking and alcohol and remember to stay hydrated.
- Always check for frostbites symptoms.
Frost Bite Signs
- There is whitening of the skin. This is visible as white patches on the face or hands.
- The skin around the affected areas become numb, and you lose the sense of feeling.
- When the skin warms, it turns red and you feel like itching, but it is painful.
- When the skin has become numb, blisters tend to form. You should seek medical assistance immediately.
Winter Frost Bite Remedy
You are always required to consult a specialist’s help, in this case a doctor. This is because the treatment involves the rewarming of the affected areas and a medical practitioner must be present.
First Aid For Frost Bite
Before medical assistance gets there you should:
- Avoid rubbing the affected areas at all.
- Avoid alcohol and smoking.
- Find a warm place to sit and wait. Never allow the frostbite to refreeze or thaw.
- Use hot water on the frostbite until it starts to return the color on the area affected.
- Do not touch the blisters.
- Never use water bottles or any other warm materials on the affected areas.
- Avoid the exposure of the affected areas to heaters or radiators.
Girls Winter Jackets
The girls’ winter jackets can also be looked at as a form of winter frostbite remedy. They are made with insulating kind of material that ensures that they stay warm through out the winter season. They also come in different designs and labels to choose from. Whether your girl likes it simple or designed you cannot miss out on something great for them. Before the winter season checks in, ensure that you get her that girls winter jacket and she will definitely appreciate it.