Those who want to change their look might want to learn how to dye hair the proper way. It is easy to create a chic and sophisticated appearance by using the right hair dye. Shoppers can find many brands of hair dye such as Herbal Essences hair color. This brand comes with natural ingredients that will not harm the scalp and hair. Other brands are also notable for the rich and lasting color. Many people can purchase the shade that will flatter their overall appeal, so they can appear vibrant and classy. They should also follow the right directions when applying hair dye by following these steps.
Easy Steps On How To Dye Hair
- Choose the right color that will match the skin tone and eye color. Some websites can serve as a guide when it comes to choosing the most suitable hair color for various skin types. It is ideal to take this initial step on how to dye hair, so there will be no mistake in using the wrong color for the hair.
- Decide on the type of color, which could be semi-permanent or permanent. For those who plan to have the hair color that will last for months, they can opt for the permanent type. On the other hand, a semi-permanent hair color is suitable for experimental purposes.
- Those who need to know how to dye hair properly should read the package instructions well. In some cases, a strand test will be a great idea to check how the hair will react to the color or dye.
- Wear gloves to protect the hands from the chemicals in hair dyes. Then, apply moisturizer on the neckline, outside the ears and around the back of the neck. This will prevent the dye from staining the skin during the application process.
- Mix the formula-based on the package instructions. Apply the hair dye at the roots, and make sure that the roots are covered fully with the dye. Then, move section by section through all portions of the hair. It is also important to cover the temples, hairline, and near the ears.
- Tie the colored hair and pile it up on top of the head. After the indicated number of minutes has been reached, wash off the hair dye with shampoo. Then, apply conditioner to soften the hair before rinsing thoroughly.
Do’s and Don’ts In Dyeing Hair
- Do not apply hair dye when your hair has been newly washed because the color will not take effect properly.
- Perform a strand test to check how your hair and skin will react to the chemicals. This way, you can prevent experiencing unpleasant skin reaction to the hair dye.
- For optimum coverage for gray hair, choose a hair dye that is compatible with this type of hair.
- Read the instructions carefully before mixing or applying the hair dye.
Even when at home, people can recreate their look by using a hair dye or color. They should try to follow the instructions on how to dye hair, so they could expect the best results.