Are you looking for the best tips for healthy eyes? If your answer is yes, then this article is especially meant for you. Here, you will learn the common eye problems and tips for healthy eyes.
Appreciating the Eyes
Eyes are perhaps one of the best and important features of one’s face. Through the eyes, people can see the true and vibrant colors of nature. In simple and straightforward words, the basic function of eyes is to detect the light or source of light and then convert this light into electro-chemical impulses. This conversion of light into impulses takes place inside the neurons. For better vision, it is pretty needless to say that your eyes and eyesight should work properly. You should take care of your eyes in a safe and appropriate manner.
Like other organs or parts of the body, the eyes are also subject to normal wear and tear. Common eye problems can easily be addressed through healthy diet, exercise, etc. Here, you will know a few typical eye problems, their causes and tips for healthy eyes as well.
Cataract is a very common eye problem. In this ailment, the lens of eye becomes hazy or cloudy which in turn can diminish your visibility to a great extent. The causes of cataract include:
- Process of aging
- Structural alterations of proteins of the eye lens
- Exposure to UV rays
If the cataract problem is still in its early stage, It can be corrected with glasses. One of the best ways to eliminate cataract is through cataract surgery.
Myopia is commonly known as nearsightedness. A person suffering from this ailment can see things clearly when these things are closer to him or her. The causes of myopia occur due to the longer eyeballs compared to normal eyeballs. Due to this reason, the focus of image takes place in front of retina rather than on it. The following are ways on how to treat myopia.
- Eye specialists usually recommend eyeglasses or contacts lenses as an initial treatment for myopia.
- Laser surgery is also widely used to treat this problem.
Eye twitching is also referred as spasm of eye muscles. This problem is marked by the abnormal or involuntary blinking of eyes. The causes of eye twitching are:
- Lack of sleep
- Prolonged watching on television or computer monitor
- Certain disorders of nervous system
- Consumption of excessive caffeine
Through preventive care and use of certain drugs, eye twitching can be treated. However, drug treatment is somewhat unpredictable in this ailment. In relation to eye twitching, one of the best and simple tips for healthy eyes is to avoid stress.
General Tips for Healthy Eyes
Here are some basic tips on how to maintain healthy eyes.
- Try to avoid prolonged watching on TV or computer.
- Protect your eyes from dust particles by using appropriate sunglasses such as Persol sunglasses. Sunglasses protect your eyes from ultraviolet rays and direct sunlight.
- Consume green leafy vegetables such as spinach and kale. Carrots are considered good for better eye sight so try to include them in your daily diet.
- Foods like eggs, protein rich foods, nuts, beans, oranges, lemon and other citrus fruits are also good for your eyes general health.
- Eliminate caffeinated drinks.
- Quit smoking.
- Read from proper distance and in appropriate light.
By following the above mentioned tips for healthy eyes, you can enhance the beauty and general health of your eyes. Take care of your eyes since they are your means of appreciating the beauty of everything around you.