When you open the bedroom door and look at your bed, what do you feel? Do you feel calm and ready for a good sleep? Or on the contrary, do you get the feeling of anxiety? Did you know that humans subconsciously react to colors that they see? Eyes are the most important channel to get information, even at the subconscious level. The colors awaken certain emotions and cause certain reactions, so you should choose very carefully every single color that you put in your room.
The Importance of Choosing Colors for Your Bedsheets
- The bedding color greatly influences not only your state of mind, but also health.
- If you are well informed about how the bedroom design, color and model sheets can affect your state of mind; you can make wise choices to create the perfect balance of wall color, bedroom theme, colored curtains, and carpet patterns.
- If you have multiple sets of the softest sheets of bed linen, in different colors, you can change them depending on the mood to create a new atmosphere in the bedroom; giving it a good atmosphere for sleep, relaxation, meditation and love.
To give you an overview on the different colors and how it can affect your mood, here is a list on them.
White is the color of innocence, purity, and cleanliness. It makes one think straight and clearly.
- White bed linen has a classic look and is very stylish.
- White calms us down and can speed up our tendency to “sleep”.
- A light colored decor complemented by white linen is particularly recommended especially for people suffering from insomnia.
According to Feng Shui rules for decorating bedrooms, blue is the color that can induce one to sleep.
- Bedroom decorations in blue— from blue paint on the walls, bedding, blue curtains and small accessories, can create a bedroom that can be a powerful sedative.
- Blue bedding promises a good rest and pleasant dreams and is mainly used by people who cannot sleep adequately or are disturbed by nightmares frequently.
If you want to feel relaxed and at peace at the end of the day, according to studies, green is the color of relaxation.
- Dark green sheets give a fresh air in the bedroom, while green bedding brings light and peace.
- The bedroom that is being decorated with accents of brown and green, together with a dark green bed linen— promotes total relaxation and make sure you wake up fresh and rested the next morning.
- Bedding sets that are of green or shades of green, can also help reduce muscle pain and headaches.
Yellow bedsheets are bright, sunny and can create in the bedroom a cheerful atmosphere that encourages good mood.
- Sleeping in yellow linen can boost one’s mood and make one feel shining on the inside, bringing a smile to any face.
- A cheerful decor in the bedroom, that is based on bright colors such as yellow linen, will surely look warm and welcoming.
- In terms of health, the color yellow can help in getting rid of depression and to strengthen the nervous system.