Keeping nurseries clean is a must since this is the place where infants and toddlers spend most of the time. It might be a daunting task in maintaining the cleanliness of a nursery, but it is a must. We all know that infants and toddlers are exploring their environment; they are crawling on the floor and placing anything that they see in their mouth. Keeping nurseries clean is important so that your child will have a clean and sanitary place to stay.
Tips when Keeping Nurseries Clean
- Provide clean sheets for the crib as well as adding a crib dust ruffle – The sheets should be changed on a regular basis and provide a crib dust ruffle so that dust can be prevented from gathering under the crib.
- Toys should be cleaned regularly – You cannot prevent infants from placing things in their mouths since it is their way of learning about their environment. It is recommended to sanitize the toys on a regular basis.
- Keep the floors clean at all times – There should be shoe covers present in the nursery so that it can prevent dirt from entering the room.
- Sanitize the changing table – You can make use of changing table sheets since they are a fast and easy way to keep the changing table sanitary. The changing area should be cleaned regularly with the use of a disinfectant wipe or spray.
A nursery should be clean at all times. The presence of dust and allergens should be minimized at all times. You have to take note that there are dangers involved if the nursery is not maintained and cleaned regularly, especially with the presence of dust and certain allergens.
- Presence of dust mites is the common trigger for allergies and asthma.
- Inhaling large amounts of dust can affect the health of infants.
When it comes to keeping nurseries clean, you should opt for effective cleaning agents that are safe for infants. Avoid using the cleaning agents that are harsh and exudes a strong smell. It is best to use natural yet effective cleaning agents.
- Baking Soda – It is a natural cleaning agent that is not harmful to children. It can effectively clean any surface.
- White Vinegar – It is a natural disinfectant that is capable of killing germs and bacteria. You no longer need to use chemicals that are harmful to the children.
- Lemon Juice – This is ideal as a cleaning and disinfecting agent and works similarly to white vinegar expect for the fresh citrus scent it provides.
Always remember that it is important to maintain the cleanliness of your nursery. Keeping nurseries clean is vital for the health of your child as well as for hygienic issues.