Now that spring has finally arrived, it is time to start thinking about those long hot summer days that will soon be upon you. While summer is a great time of the year for many outdoor activities, most people want to be cool and comfortable while spending time indoors and finding cheap air conditioners is one way to cool down those high indoor temperatures effectively.
Window vs Portable Air Conditioners
Not everyone can afford a central air conditioning system to cool their entire homes; however, that does not mean that you can’t find cheap air conditioners to cool down one or more rooms in your home. In fact, by choosing either a portable or window air conditioner, you too can enjoy the comforts of at least one or two cool rooms to relax in during those hot summer months.
Let’s take a look at the difference between a portable and window air conditioner and consider their benefits and drawbacks.
Window Air Conditioners
You can really find some reasonably priced cheap window air conditioners. These cheap air conditioners for sale start at around $100.00 and go up from there. However, you can sometimes find these appliances on sale both online and offer and often get as much as $20.00 or $25.00 off on a unit.
Here are some of the benefits of a window air conditioner:
- These air conditioners are usually pretty durable for the price. Some reviewers for various brands of these appliances state that their units have run for 5 years and more making them incredibly affordable when you consider the price of these units.
- Come in various sizes and some of these units are capable of cooling large open spaces.
- Some of these units run fairly quietly.
- Some can be set to turn on at certain times saving money on your energy bill when you are gone from home then turning themselves on in time to cool down your room prior to your arrival home.
Portable Air Conditioners
You can also find cheap portable air conditioners, which can be moved from room to room making it possible to cool any room in the home as long as you have a window or a place to vent the hose attached to the air condition. You can find many brands of cheap portable air conditioners that start at around $70.00 and increase in price from there.
Here are some of the benefits of portable air conditioners:
- Easy to move from room to room making it possible to cool down whatever room the family wants to congregate in at any given time.
They are usually easy to clean and maintain saving time and effort.
- Like cheap window air conditioners, cheap portable air conditioners can last several seasons when cared for properly.
When purchasing a cheap air conditioner look for sales or discount coupons. Make sure to read the reviews to get at least some idea how long your unit will last you, and make sure that you take note of any difficulty people have had with cleaning and maintaining their units. Finding cheap air conditioners is not difficult if you just spend a little time to ensure that you are getting a good working unit as well as that low price.