The black long sleeve dress is still considered to be a choice apparel by the majority of women at present. The reason is that this type of dress projects so much elegance and sophistication, which is unmatched by other clothing designs. In addition, it can be contemporary or conservative, depending on the woman wearing it and the design. With a black long sleeve dress that perfectly hugs one’s figure, it gives a sleek and sexy look in a somewhat mysterious kind of appeal being that black connotes such ideas. However, the dress has the tendency to create the impression of being unfashionable and outdated if it is worn without enthusiasm. To prevent this, there are certain guidelines that need to be followed when wearing this type of dress.
Wearing A Black Long Sleeve Dress
Here are some tips for wearing a black long sleeve dress to ensure you get good looks and maximize the potential of the dress in terms of doing its job to indeed make you look appealing.
- Long sleeved dresses are usually dictated by the formality and theme of the event. However, if you are thinking of wearing this type of dress to work, you can opt for the black long sleeve mini dress that goes down just above your knees.
- For a special occasion such as the prom, you may opt for the black sequin dress long sleeve design. The dress will go best with heels that measures two inches at least. To balance your entire attire, it would be great if you could wear shoes that have open heels and toes. Wearing closed shoes might present you as a conservative person, unless of course it is your intention. It is also more practical to wear open shoes since it also prevents blisters and sores from erupting in your toes. Further, your feet can breathe while you are walking in your shoes.
- A long sleeve black lace dress lets you play with elaborate earrings, bracelets and necklaces because of its single color tone. However, since the purpose of wearing a black long sleeve dress is to look elegant, you should always maintain balance. If you wear a long beaded necklace for example, it would be better to wear simple studded earrings. Bracelets should complement belts and bags.
- For your hairdo, choose one that will match the intention for wearing the dress and the mood. Soft buns will always look nice and so is letting down your long straight or wavy locks, as long as you have them blown properly. This style will look great in corporate events and meetings.
- To appear sexier and more youthful in your black long sleeve dress, try wearing sheer sleeves. The elements that would complement the theme of your outfit include a stiletto closed toe sequined heel, which will make you look mildly conservative, so ladylike and very sexy; bold cocktail ring, which will attract the eye of observers and allow your dress to appear more modern; and decorative cuff bracelets.
- Short lengths are very modern, no matter how you look at it, so wear your hemlines short. This will contrast nicely with the modest style of the black long sleeve dress. The secret is to wear it short without appearing vulgar. Your best option would be a hemline that is just above the knee. If you are the daring type though, you can wear a mid-thigh length.
Considering that black is always an acceptable color for most formal occasion, any lady should consider having a black long sleeve dress in her wardrobe ready for any occasion. Black is also known to be excellent in emphasizing curves which always works in making one attractive and elegant. Find a black long sleeve dress today, try it on the next formal occasion and turn heads your way.