Breastfeeding is one of the most natural and precious gifts a mother can give to her child. Science has proven breastmilk to be highly-nutritious because it contains antibodies and other exclusive nutrients the baby needs in order to grow healthy and smart. If the baby has not been breastfed, he is not likely to prevent himself from childhood diseases, unlike with the babies who have been given breastmilk for at least 6 months.
In this modern society, breastfeeding is becoming neglected by more mothers. And with lots of infant formula coming out in the market today, new mothers can easily replace breastmilk as they think it is more convenient and as good as the nutrients that the natural milk can give. But the whopping truth is, it cannot be replaced even by the most expensive milk, vitamins, and food supplements there is. Both mother and child benefit from the wonders of breastfeeding.
Find out more in the list below.
BREASTFEEDING BENEFITS TO THE CHILD
- The baby gets complete nutrients and antibodies from the mother’s milk.
- Breastmilk is versatile – it keeps up with the changing needs and growth level of the child.
- Studies conducted in the US prove that breastfed children have lower chances of vomiting and diarrhea.
- The mother’s milk protects the baby from gastroenteritis, allergies, eczema, and asthma
- It also reduce the risks of stomach-related difficulties, such as: childhood diabetes, chronic constipation, colic, and the like.
- Your child has lower chances of having cavities during breastfeeding.
- It also protects your baby against sudden infant death syndrome (SIDS).
- Nursing aids in better facial structure development, improving speech, as well as straightening the arrangement of your child’s teeth.
- It also increases your child’s bone density.
- Breastfeeding is also an important factor in the spiritual and emotional development of your child.
BENEFITS OF BREASTFEEDING TO MOMS
- Breastfeeding reduces the risk of getting cancer, such as: ovarian, cervical, breast, and endometrial.
- It also reduces the risk of anemia and mortality among women with rheumatoid arthritis.
- Women are less likely to get pregnant while breastfeeding because it delays fertility.
- Women are also protected from osteoporosis and hip fracture as they get older when they have breastfed.
- It also promotes weight loss, faster recovery, and stronger emotional relationship with the child.
- It also helps the uterus to contract faster in order to control postpartum bleeding.
- Moms are less likely to take a day off from work since the baby rarely gets sick. Because the baby rarely gets sick, healthcare expenses are waived.
- And most importantly, breastmilk is free. This will save you a lot of money from years of buying infant formula.
Despite of increased awareness on breastfeeding brought to us by health practitioners, some moms are still unable to succeed. This is the time when they need the help of feeding bottles. And when it comes to feeding bottle brands, the Born Free Bottles are most trusted. They offer a lot of options for you – from different feeding bottle sizes to other baby essentials like nipples, accessories, pacifiers, and toddler cups – they got them all covered.