Are you looking for Family Feud questions for your family game night? Look no further – we’ve got you covered!
101 Family Feud Questions for Family Game Night
It’s time to bring back the family game night. When your kids were little, you made a big effort to organize family game nights. You made themed dinners and fun snacks. You went all out for your family game nights to help give your kiddos memories they would cherish forever.
Then they grew up and got cell phones. They have social circles and schedules. They have commitments they have to keep. Suddenly, they’re the real-life version of 13 going on 30 and game nights took a backseat to trips to the mall or soccer tournaments.
As you open your board game closet you might get hit with a pang of nostalgia. There lie all the family favorites – Sorry, Chutes and Ladders, Mouse Trap.
Oh, the hours your family used to spend playing them.
You hear a distant echo of giggles ringing in your ears, and you wonder how to recapture some of that fun.
How do you get them to stop growing up?
How do you get them to put down their phones and electronics and gather together?
It’s the lament of so many parents.
Well, you can’t stop them from growing up, and cell phones are pretty tough to combat, but you can at least play some better games.
Your kids aren’t little kids anymore. They need games that match their ages, and you need something where you can work together as a team.
How to Play Family Feud
How to Play Normal Rounds
- Choose one person in the group of players to become the game’s “host”. The host in a game of family feud is the only player who can see the questions and the answers.
- The remaining players should be then split into two teams. For each of the questions, one player from each team should be chosen to hear the question first. That player will then have one chance to answer the question. Whichever player gets the most points in answer to the question will go back to their team and that team will start the round.
- The players from the team then guess one at a time, in order. If an answer to the question overlaps with the previous answer, the host will ask the player to guess once again. If the answer to the question seems too vague then the host will then tell that player to be more specific. When a player answers a question incorrectly, the team will earn a strike. If the team guesses all of the answers before earning three strikes, the total value of all of the answers given is added to their overall score.
- If the team gets three strikes, the other team will then have one chance to guess one of the remaining answers. If they guess this answer correctly, they then get to steal all of the correct points that had been previously given by the other team.
How to Play Fast Money
- After the first three rounds of the game, the team who is winning chooses two players who must leave the room.
- One of those players returns and is given five fast money questions. They only have one chance to answer these questions. The total amount of points for those answers are then added up.
- The second player who left the room then also returns and answers those questions in the same way. This time, however, if they duplicate one of the answers, they must give another guess. The total amount of points from this player’s answers are the also totaled up.
- If both of the points totals add up to over 200 points, then that team is declared as the overall winner of the game.
- This round is usually timed and is designed to put the player’s on the spot, making this round more difficult than the normal rounds.
Other Ways to Play
This simply means that the game is played as a free-for-all where every person in the room tries to guess the answer. This can become quite a loud game if you’re having a large gathering. In this version of the game, scoring is optional. Everyone has much more fun once all of the answers are guessed, so it is often a good idea to allow the host to give out a few hints along the way until all of the answers are revealed.
Pen and Paper
This is quite a popular version of the game. To play, all the questions are read in a row. Each player can take one guess for each of the questions by writing their answers onto a piece of paper or on their phone. After all of the questions have been read out, each player tallies up their overall score and the player with the highest score wins.
Pen and Paper, Fast Money Only
This is better for when there are smaller groups of people playing the game. If two players guess the same answer, the points are only awarded to one person, and the team must try to break 200 total, just like in the real show.
This is where the host only accepts the answers exactly how they appear on the page. Another version of this is where the host’s discretion is advised.
Once you have asked all of the questions that you can find, return to them a week later. It is surprising just how many of the original answers people don’t remember.
101 Family Feud Questions
Enter Family Feud.
It’s been entertaining families on television for decades, and it’s super easy to set up in your home.
What’s even better is that you can connect with another family for a game night, or split your large family into 2 teams.
It’s a chance to bring everyone together.
You can purchase an edition of Family Feud with survey questions and responses included, but you can also make your own version of the game.
All you need are the Family Feud questions, the top survey answers, a hand buzzer or a bell, and 3 red X’s to hand out when someone gets an answer wrong. You’ll also want to have a stopwatch or timer.
The advantage of making your own Family Feud questions is that you don’t have to invest money in a game for no real reason. You can tailor your questions to your family and its range of ages, and you have a literally unlimited supply of questions on that ready.
Preparing the game will take you some time because you need to research both good questions and the correct survey responses.
To cut down on some of the prep time you can peruse this list of 101 Family Feud questions and pick the ones that make the most sense for your crowd.
1. Name a sport that doesn’t use a ball.
2. Name something in your medicine cabinet.
3. Name something you fill with air.
4. Name something that moves very slowly.
5. Name something you associate with Paris.
6. Name something in your toolbox.
7. Name something that is sticky.
8. Name a U.S. president.
9. Name a State where it’s always warm.
10. Name a type of cookie.
11. Name a candy that isn’t made of chocolate.
12. Name something that you might freeze.
13. Name something in your gym bag.
14. Name a Christmas movie.
15. Name something you shake before you use.
16. Name a type of tape.
Family Feud Questions for Everyone
17. Name something you complain about.
18. Name something you associate with Halloween.
19. Name something you might find in a nursery.
20. Name something a dog does.
21. Name something in the junk drawer.
22. Name something kids like to eat.
23. Other than the bride and groom, name something at a wedding.
24. Name something you lose.
25. Name a track and field event.
26. Name a sport you play in the winter.
27. Name a type of cereal.
28. Name a country in Europe.
29. Name a flavor of ice cream.
30. Name something that breaks easily.
31. Name something you associate with New York City.
32. Name a breed of dog.
33. Name a famous artist.
34. Name a federal holiday.
The Best Family Feud Questions
35. Name a National Park.
36. Name a periodic element.
37. Name something you might keep in your pocket.
38. Name a food that tastes better cold.
39. Name something you might take on a picnic.
40. Name a condiment you’d find at a barbecue.
41. Name something you eat on Thanksgiving.
42. Name something a cat does.
43. Name something that goes up and down.
44. Name something in an office supply closet.
45. Name something that’s sharp.
46. Name something that is hot to the touch.
47. Name something mom always has in her purse.
48. Name a way to serve potatoes.
49. Name something you take to the beach.
50. Name something you find in an amusement park.
Questions to Get the Whole Family Involved
51. Name something that melts in the sun.
52. Name a material a dress might be made out of.
53. Name something that gets better with age.
54. Name a food that’s very expensive.
55. Name something in a first aid kit.
56. Name something you might take camping.
57. Name something you would find at Disney World.
58. Name something you put in a salad.
59. Name something that you keep in your wallet.
60. Name something that might be in the trunk of a car.
61. Name something you need in order to laundry.
62. Name an exercise you might do at the gym.
63. Name something you might find in Grandma’s attic.
64. Name a food you eat with your hands.
65. Name a reason you would buy someone a cake.
66. Name an instrument in an orchestra.
67. Name an animal that is most active at night.
68. Name a type of shoe.
69. Name a kind of flooring you might find in someone’s home.
Family Feud Questions for Every Age
70. Name something you might find in a scientist’s laboratory.
71. Name a way mom likes to pamper herself.
72. Name something you give dads for Father’s Day.
73. Name a book written by a woman.
74. Name a state that gets a lot of snow.
75. Name something you might find at a bakery.
76. Name a food you eat more of in the summer.
77. Name a bad habit.
78. Name something you do on the first day of school.
79. Name something that siblings fight over.
80. Name an instrument you’d play if you were in a rock band.
81. Name an animal you can pet at a petting zoo.
82. Name an exhibit you would find at a state fair.
83. Name something that you might find in your shower.
84. Name a place people go on a first date.
85. Name a drink that’s better served hot.
86. Name something that babies do a lot of.
87. Name something that gives off a lot of light.
88. Name a fruit that is easy to eat.
89. Name something you don’t like to get in the mail.
90. Name a reason you might get fired from a job.
91. Name an age when kids start to get embarrassed by their parents.
92. Name something that has a bell on it.
93. Name an animal with stripes.
94. Name something you might use to clean your house with.
95. Name an animal that only eats plants.
96. Name something older siblings do to younger siblings.
97. Name something you eat on the Fourth of July.
98. Name something you buy at a farmer’s market.
99. Name a movie to win the Oscar for Best Picture.
100. Name an occupation that works with children.
101. Name a mode of transportation.
The Recipe for a Perfect Family Game Night
These 101 Family Feud questions are the perfect addition to your own family game night.
There are questions for every age range, so to get the right answers teams will have to rely on the smarts of everyone.
You can make up the survey answers, or use sites like this one here to help you generate your answer bank.
The prep work is pretty involved, but you end up with hours of fun and entertainment.
You get a game that everyone can participate in, and you just might even generate some thoughtful discussions if not a few bitter arguments.
Featured image: CC0 Creative Commons FremantleMedia, via https://commons.wikimedia.org.
Are your parties falling flat?
The bar is stocked. The fridge is full. The DJ is playing some sick tunes.
But nobody is dancing.
Since the dance floor is the meter by which we measure the success of a soiree, this is a major problem.
Sounds like you need to spice it up a bit.
There’s no better way to do that than with line dance songs. Group participation in any genre of music makes people feel welcome, celebrated, and connected in a way that decorations alone cannot achieve.
It’s one of the best ways to ensure that everyone’s having a good time at your shindig.
That’s why group participation music is so popular.
But which songs have that magical ability to set the dance floor ablaze with swinging hips and shuffling feet? It can be hard to tell. Every crowd is different, and each one will respond to different sorts of music.
So how do you pick the best songs?
Fortunately, there are a few classics which just about everyone can get down with. These 10 best line dance songs will have everybody movin’ and shakin’.
Read on to learn all about these songs, and get a little advice on how to pick the best group dance songs for your party.
How We Choose Our Ratings for the 10 Best Line Dance Songs
We know you take your role as host quite seriously. So do we. That’s why we’ve taken a lot into consideration when choosing the best line dance songs for your dance party. Here’s what we examine:
- Groove Factor: Is the music good? This one is pretty self-explanatory. Nobody wants bad music at their party, and nothing will drive people off the dance floor faster than tone-deaf crooning or high-pitched wailing.
- Genre/Appropriateness: Is this music appropriate for your party? Depending on your theme, audience, and general vibes, some music may be more appreciated by the audience. We’ll advise you of the most appropriate audience for these songs.
- Danceability: Is the accompanying line dance possible for partygoers to pick up quickly? Nobody wants to spend an hour learning dance moves before they get to hit the floor. The best songs have easy dance moves.
10 Best Line Dance Songs to Get the Party Going
Ready to get started? Check out our top 10 picks.
Buy on Amazon
Cotton Eye Joe is probably one of the most popular dance party songs of all time. This 1994 hit by the Rednex is based off a traditional folk song. The origins are unknown, but the song is most associated with the United States deep south.
The beat is catchy, fun, and utterly contagious. It’s sure to get the party started with its boisterous banjo. In fact, there are few who can resist the call of the dance floor once Cotton Eye Joe comes on the speakers.
It’s unlikely that everyone at the party will already know how to perform the line dance, and that’s okay. If you want to kick off the dance, learning the moves is relatively simple. Others will pick it up quickly if they get a demonstration.
Star Rating: We give this song 5 stars for being a wonderful hit which is appropriate at almost any gathering.
No products found.
No products found.
No products found.
The Macarena is a song that transcends time, space, and every single type of party. This hit by Spanish group Los del Rio is intensely popular among people of all ages, and is guaranteed to get your dance floor rockin’ in no time.
One of the best things about this song is that most everyone already knows the dance moves. If you don’t, they are easy to learn and simple to perform.
It’s just the right amount of catchy, and just the right amount of flirty to entrance partygoers from the get-go. Play this at the beginning of your party to start it off right.
Star Rating: We give this product 5 stars for its popularity and good vibes.
Buy on Amazon
This is one of the best contemporary line dance songs out there. Boot Scootin’ Boogie brought Brooks and Dunn into the spotlight with its twangy notes and carefree lyrics, and people have been line dancing to it ever since.
This song is actually a pioneer of modern line dancing, and the 25 steps are easy once you have them down. Whether you’re hosting a truly countrified gathering or a more modern affair, this song is a must-have for any occasion.
Star Rating: We give this song 5 stars for being a well-known hit which everybody can groove to.
Buy on Amazon
Billy Ray Cyrus had no idea what he was getting into when he released Achy Breaky Heart back in 1992. What he did will forever endear him to us, gilding his name in gold across the line-dance hall of fame.
This song is a heartbreaker. The lyrics, however sad they may be, do nothing to take away from the sheer danceability of the refrain and the inevitable shouts of partygoers singing along as they step along.
Speaking of the steps, anyone can do them. They’re easy to learn, and the dancing comes so easy after you’ve got them down.
Star Rating: We give this song 5 stars for simplicity and popularity.
Buy on Amazon
You know this song. Y.M.C.A. by the Village People is one of the most popular group dance songs around, and the moves are known universally by people of all ages.
This song is fun, it’s upbeat, and it’s so popular that nobody will have to learn anything in order to rock the night away. The audience already knows this one.
The Y.M.C.A. song is present at nearly every wedding, Bar Mitzvah, and work party around. Add it to your playlist so that everyone can hop out on the dance floor and participate.
Star Rating: We give this song 5 stars for easy moves and a catchy beat.
Buy on Amazon
The Cupid Shuffle is an easy and heartwarming hip-hop line dance. It can be played at pretty much any party, but you’ll want to avoid it if you’re throwing a super-traditional line-dancing country hoedown.
That being said, it’s a favorite among young and old alike. The dance moves aren’t complicated, but they do take some getting used to.
People unaware of the moves can usually learn them quite easily by watching others around them. Make sure your dance floor is large enough to accommodate some errors.
Star Rating: We give this song 4.5 stars for catchiness and popularity.
Buy on Amazon
All of humanity will forever be grateful to the Sugarhill Gang for gifting us this classic. Jump on It is the kind of song to play when the party starts to die down a bit, and you want to liven things up again.
It’s usually accompanied by whoops, cries, and literal jumps onto the dance floor, as well as some rodeo cowboy moves that are a bit odd considering its hip-hop (ish) origins. However, that doesn’t stop it from being immensely popular and wildly entertaining.
Star Rating: We give this song 4.5 stars for pure fun.
Buy on Amazon
This is about as far from traditional country line-dancing as you can get, but it is one of the best line dance songs around.
The Time Warp is a timeless classic that everybody can groove to, and the dance moves couldn’t be simpler. The lyrics help you along by reminding you of the next steps.
Even if you aren’t a fan of the Rocky Horror Picture Show, The Time Warp is a classic hit that’s so danceable you can’t help but get out there on the floor.
Star Rating: We give this product 4.5 stars for great rhythm, but some people may not get the reference at your dance party.
Buy on Amazon
Michael Jackson’s Thriller is a classic story of horror and suspense. It has a beat which will make everybody at the Zombie Ball start shakin’.
Since the mid-1980s, people have been getting down and dirty with this set of “killer” moves. The dance itself isn’t that complicated, but it does take some getting used to.
Depending on your crowd, there’s a chance they already know every twist of the body and claw of the air which characterizes this ever-popular dance.
Star Rating: We give this song 4 stars for its classic moves and fun lyrics, but if your guests don’t already know the steps there’s a definite learning curve.
Buy on Amazon
The Cha-Cha Slide has been ingrained into us for nearly 20 years, thanks to DJ Casper. The line steps are simple and easy. It’s another one of those songs which explains the steps along with you as you dance, so you’ll have no problem following along.
The Cha-Cha Slide is a classic for all parties, from middle-school dances held in the gym to new-age weddings held at the finest venues all over the world.
Why is it so great? It’s easy, fun, and accessible to everyone. The lyrics are friendly and encouraging, motivating your people to get up and get out there on the dance floor.
Star Rating: We give this song 5 stars for creativity, and the moves are easy as pie.
Guide to Picking the Best Line Dance Songs for Your Party
So, how do you know which line dance will fly with your audience?
It isn’t that difficult to tell. You just have to be able to read your crowd, and know which genre of music they prefer.
Contrary to popular belief, not all line dances are for country music.
Any dance wherein the performers are repeating the same dance moves in a group is considered a line dance.
These dances range from traditional country to waltzes to hip-hop, with new line dance songs being introduced all the time. Here’s how to go about picking the best one for your party.
Consider Your Theme
What’s the theme of your party? This is important when picking out a group of line dance songs. If you’re having a Halloween party, “Thriller” may be the best song to kick off the night with — but “Achy Breaky Heart” should be further down on the list.
If the party is to be a laid-back affair, consider playing a wider range of styles and genres. Everyone will get to hear and dance to something they like.
Consider Your Audience
Who exactly are you catering to? An audience of your boss and coworkers may require different sort of music than an audience of your friends or family. Different groups enjoy different things.
Examine the physicality of the dancers. Young and spry people will enjoy active dances, like Sugarhill Gang’s “Jump on It”. An older crowd will appreciate an easier line dance like the “Boot-Scootin’ Boogie”.
A group of children may not follow the line dance at all. If they do, it will most likely be to a song with very simple steps like the “Macarena”.
Consider Your Surroundings
As always, pay attention to your venue and what’s expected of you there. You always want to play music that’s suitable to your surroundings. If you’re hosting a youth event at your local church for example, avoid racier line dance songs.
If you’re hosting the party at a smaller venue such as your house, don’t play anything that has the potential to get too crazy. People stomping, swinging, and gesturing wildly can cause major damage. And nothing puts a damper on a good party like a flying lampshade or a smashed bottle.
You should also consider your surroundings when choosing decorations, food, clothing, and shoes. Footwear is especially important at a line-dance party, so get the party shoes that match your theme and your preferred level of comfort.
Line Dance Songs Liven Up Any Party
Line dance songs are your ticket to party paradise. They’re fun, engaging, and can turn any venue into a party house.
Now that you know how to pick the best songs for your fiesta, it’s time to get planning. So, what are you waiting for? Get out there and get to dancing.
Among some of the greatest artists the world has ever known, Mark Rothko is a well known name. The name is related to the painter’s circle of New York School in the era of 1940’s which marked the beginning of a new period in the American art. Best known for his innovative new form of abstract painting, he worked with different styles of art before reaching his signature creation of abstract paintings. Some of these famous creations can be bought at abstract art for sale online.
In the winter of 1913, a talented Mark Rothko migrated to the United States at a very young age. While up giving up his studies in the middle, he moved to New York which marked the beginning of his life as an artist. Some of his early works included various expressionist portraits while moving on to surreal themes inspired by the works of Arshille Gorky. The early abstract art by Mark Rothko presented archaic forms and symbols as subject matter illuminating modern existence. These painting were highly influenced by Surrealism, Cubism and abstract art. He merged the European styles of Surrealism and abstraction accordance with the mythic form. In many paintings among the abstract art for sale, one can find a glimpse of these combinations.
In definitive terms, abstract art is a form of painting that utilizes a visual language of color, form and line to create compositions free from visual references. Although it is one of the distinct styles of art, it does not provide an accurate representation of a form or object. These paintings differ in various ways such as shape, color and form from other type of paintings. One can find a number of distinct abstract art prints for sale including paintings by Mark Rothko on markrothkopaintings.net.
Since there are various different styles of abstract art out there, among the most prominent includes Cubism, Neoplasticism and abstract expressionism. Mark Rothko is among the various prestigious artists who created masterpieces in the field of abstract expressionism. His unique creations have marveled the art world for many years and can also be viewed at famous art galleries. These and other magnificent time-less masterpieces can also be bought on certain abstract art for sale websites. This type of art not only instigates curiosity in an onlooker’s eyes but also fascinates his or her creative side. Mark Rothko abstract paintings have given the art world some of the best creative prints ever.
Mark Rothko art is perhaps one of the popular abstract paintings the world has ever known. Mark Rothko was one of the known abstract painters of his days, he was titled as an abstract expressionist but refused it and insisted to be just an abstract painter. Mark Rothko art is one of the earliest form of classic painting that depicts beauty in simplicity through a display of random colors. Simple art never goes out of style and many still prefer these kind of paintings until today. In fact, Mark Rothko art looks so simple that any modern day newbie artist can imitate the the style of these paintings. Most Mark Rothko art includes iconic paintings that are mostly composed of rectangle shaped figures using different colors, from vibrant colors to deep dark colors. Still, Mark Rothko art his paintings never stopped attracting painting enthusiasts and ordinary people alike.
What’s unique about each piece of Mark Rothko art is how it brings out certain emotions from the viewer with just the use of different colors in an abstract style of painting. Certain bright colors would look full of gladness and happiness painted all over it while certain dark colors evoke gloomy and mysterious emotions about the painting.
Still, the variety of Mark Rothko art makes them suitable to be displayed in different kinds of places whether it’s your house or a business establishment like an office or a bar and restaurant. They are perfect adornments to match the mood of a particular place. Moreover, the various combinations of colors in Mark Rothko art makes the same just the right decoration for any kind of interior decorating style.
You can find these Mark Rothko art in many forms nowadays, from Mark Rothko posters and even screen-savers for your desktop and laptop computer. These are avid Mark Rothko fans and followers who do not limit their admiration for their idol to his paintings, but to other materials as well. So Mark Rothko art is not just about his paintings as his works are seemingly found everywhere.
One can find Mark Rothko art online easily wherein some of the featured Mark Rothko art are even found in some of the government owned websites such as www.nga.gov of the U.S. National Gallery of Art. However, if you want to buy such paintings online, look for Mark Rothko abstract art for sale in websites such as www.art.com and www.soho-art.com for some Mark Rothko art reproductions.