There are many who suffer from gluten intolerance and that is why they prefer to maintain a gluten-free diet. Foods that consist of oats, wheat and barley are a big no. If you suffer from rheumatism, osteoporosis, anemia, Down’s syndrome, diabetes or multiple sclerosis, you must avoid foods containing gluten. Gluten free bread is thus a preferred choice by many and surely most of you prefer to purchase it. Since, gluten free bread is actually best made at home, knowing how to make one is a huge advantage. There are a number of recipes to follow in order to make nutritious and soft gluten free bread.
Here is an easy and quick gluten free bread recipe with applesauce for you:
You will need:
- Cornstarch – 1/3 cup
- Whole bean flour – 1/3 cup
- Sugar – ½ cup
- Baking soda – 1 tsp
- Sorghum flour – 1 1/3 cup
- Salt – to taste
- Raisins – 1 cup
- Egg whites – 2
- Apple cider vinegar – 1 tsp
- Applesauce – 1 ½ cup
- Cinnamon powder – ½ tsp
Method of Preparation:
First, preheat your over to 350 degrees F. Take a loaf pan or a baking pan and grease it well. Meanwhile, whisk all the dry ingredients together first and make sure they form a thorough mixture. Use a whisk to get the proper texture. Now take a separate bowl and mix all the liquid ingredients together. Once you mix them properly, combine both the mixture and blend well so that there are no lumps at all. Pour this batter in the greased baking or loaf pan and bake for an hour. When you think it is done, use a toothpick to see if it is set by poking the surface. Once it is cooked, let the bread cool and then slice it into pieces of yummy gluten free bread. You could even use a gluten free bread machine to blend properly and make the softest bread!
Other Options In Getting Gluten Free Bread
- If you don’t really like baking, you could buy gluten free bread in the market. Some of the top gluten free bread brands are Ener-G, Udi’s Gluten-Free, Glutino, The Grainless Baker, and others.
- You could also look for gluten free cereals so as to have a healthy breakfast and to kick start the day with a nutritious diet. There are many such cereal brands available in the market today that provide different flavors and ingredients such as honey and cinnamon to make them even tastier and energizing.
Remember to stay healthy as well as safe if you are gluten intolerant or suffer from diseases that make gluten your enemy.