As the name clearly indicates, outdoor speakers are those that are used for open spaces. They are either fixed for outdoor use or portable to be used outdoors for good sound quality. Outdoor speaker’s main characteristic would be their weather-resistant nature.
Here are the 3 types of outdoor speakers:
- Active Speakers. Active speakers are speakers which are independently powered. They have their own amplifiers and set of controls which are built-in.
- Passive Speakers. Passive speakers on the other hand have no built-in amplifier. They are connected directly to the amplifier which controls the volume and other adjustments.
- Wireless Speakers. Wireless outdoor speakers are not connected directly to the stereo system as the name connotes. The signals are transmitted via infra-red technology. High end wireless speakers can pick up signals even from far away. Some speakers can transmit even if the distance from the source is 50m or more.
Here are some features of these outdoor speakers:
- These are small or compact and show compatibility with just about any type of audio player.
- They are free of plugs and sockets and so you don’t need to worry about those at all.
- The power source of these outdoor speakers is the battery compartment. Some latest models also work on solar plates though.
- When fully charged, these outdoor speakers can easily run for 8 hours or more without any problems.
- Outdoor speakers normally have a range of 150 feet and thus you can easily carry them outside without having to carry the music system along. This range also makes them ideal for outdoor parties and some high-end ones could also work in your neighbor’s house provided it is in range.
- The fact that these are so flexible and convenient to use makes these speakers a must-have today especially when it comes to people who love music and partying.
There are different types of outdoor speakers in the market today such as the outdoor weather proof speakers which are ideal because they are more durable. As the name suggests, you don’t need to bother about rains because they are waterproof.
Keep in mind that you have many options to explore. For example, there are outdoor speakers that can be installed on the ground and if you are going for these, you should know where you want to install them. There are also a few speakers that are in-ground and can be placed directly on the soil. If you are buying outdoor speakers for your patio or porch, a mounting stand is a must.
It is important to buy the right brand such as Polk outdoor speakers if you want to have fun with the best outdoor speakers in your next party. Buying cheap speakers could give you a lot of problems such as poor sound capacity, lesser range and so on. Polk speakers are trusted in the market and are thus an ideal choice.