Cutting equipments are considered extremely important accessories in different industries. As the applications are multidimensional, different sizes, shapes and designs of these cutting equipments are available in the market. Some of these are capable of making sharp cutting lines while others create blunt and rough edges. It is hard to classify the cutting equipments into specific groups, but it is possible to demonstrate them according to their usage and features.
Garment Cutting Equipments
Garment equipments are heavy and relatively larger cutting accessories. These tools may be knife-like or scissor-type. A few years back, these tools were mostly manual but today, these are extensively automated and precise for factory operations. These tools need professional maintenance at regular intervals for better services at factory level.
Paper Cutting Equipments
Paper cutting tools are mostly used in printing factories. Sizing the papers, formatting and creating forms are the important utilities of these tools. These are also larger in size and mostly cover automated operations these days. Fairly expensive, these tools also need regular maintenance by experts and engineers. Several manufacturing companies are dedicated towards designing and producing these tools.
Medical tools refer to an array of several delicate and sophisticated instruments. Here are their features.
- Mostly these are manual and smaller in size.
- Sometimes, they are micro equipments.
- Some of these cutting tools are electrically operated but handled by humans (surgeons).
- Blades, iris scissors, bone cutters, viscera incisors are some most useful medical accessories specifically used for cutting and resizing.
- These may be smaller in size, but they need you to pay a good sum of money and you have to be extremely cautious about maintaining and cleaning them.
Wood and Metal Cutting Equipments
Here are the features of these tools.
- Wood and metal cutting tools are possibly larger yet manual instruments.
- They are usually not that sharp and not blunt.
- These are heavy, large and costly tools available in specific showrooms of leading cutter manufacturers.
- Sometimes, you need to be extremely precise while cutting small pieces of metals. These automated instruments can only help you cutting those pieces.
- Woods can be cut using saw or blunt cutters. These heavy cutters usually impact pressure on the bars and break them into pieces.
Household Cutting Equipments
Scissors, knives, blades, paper-cutters are some of the household cutting equipments. These items are cheap and available in most stores. Also, they are sharp and made specifically for household uses. These equipments are made of stainless steel, iron, aluminum or mixed metals. While using these items, cautious steps should be taken.
Safety and Maintenance Tips
To ensure safety and longevity of cutting tools, here are some tips to follow.
- Keep these cutting tools away from the kids. Also, cover the metals to prevent rusting.
- Sharpen the cutters periodically for more efficient operations.
- Choose high quality tools to avoid mishaps.
- Disposed the old cutters periodically.
- Keep your surgical instruments disinfected to prevent surgical infections.
Be careful when purchasing cutting equipments from various stores. These are important tools and require caution to be taken while in use. Whatever cutting tools you will purchase, keep these tools together and pay proper attention for maintenance and better services.