Valentine’s Day, anniversaries, or birthdays can become even more special with personalized gifts. They are not only unique, but meaningful and cute as well. So if you are running out of gift ideas on a very special occasion, why not create hand-made love picture frames for your loved ones? By doing so, you will not only impress your family or friends, but will also give them something that they could cherish forever.
For this project, you will need the following materials:
- Unfinished wood picture frame
- Wooden shapes and letters (each should measure 1 inch in height)
- Assorted patterns
- White, pink, and red acrylic paint
- Acrylic sealer
- Red ribbon
- Glue gun
- Sponges and brushes to paint
- 1. To start, get your love picture frames and your assorted shapes or letters and lay them on a flat surface. Assemble them altogether according to your desired design. For example, you can use the letters L, O, V, and E at the sides of the frames for them to bring out a romantic theme. By doing this, you will have enough room for spacing and you will come up with colors that will work well with the frames.
- Once the design is well-taken care about, the next thing to do is paint the frames. If the frames are assembled altogether within a hanger, use long nose pliers to detach them so you can paint each one separately. To achieve a good and solid color, brush each frame with 2 to 3 layers of paint. Set aside and let dry.
- After drying, you are now ready to add extra details to your love picture frames. Here, you need to use assorted patterns like cardboards with heart or rounded holes or anything that will result in the kind of look that you want. Use acrylic paint moderately so that your project will not end up having a messy or bubbly look. Let the paint sit and dry for a few minutes or so.
- Once the paint is dry already, it is time to paint the letters or shapes that will go on the sides of the frames. Make sure they are completely dry before attaching them.
- Get your acrylic sealer and spray your frames evenly with three light coatings.
- Finally, attach the red ribbon on top of the frame and you’re done!
For some being given a gift that was created handmade one of a kind holds more meaning that those that are bought straight from a department store. If in case crafts are not your thing or if you don’t have the time to create one, you can always purchase ready-made 5X7 photo album which also makes a good gift for your special ones.